Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I mostly listen to YouTube Music, and sometimes use the Pocket Podcasts app, but never Google Podcasts.

However, since 1.7 installed about a third of the time I come back to my P8 to find Google Podcasts is now the currently selected music app. The biggest irritation is that this causes YTM to lose its place in my YTM Playlist.

Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Joined up here to say...I love my P8, but mine does the same thing after getting 1.7 and it's irritating. I don't use Google Podcasts, so I don't even need the app. It won't let me delete the app either.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I mostly listen to YouTube Music, and sometimes use the Pocket Podcasts app, but never Google Podcasts.

However, since 1.7 installed about a third of the time I come back to my P8 to find Google Podcasts is now the currently selected music app. The biggest irritation is that this causes YTM to lose its place in my YTM Playlist.

Anyone else experiencing this?
YTM on the P8 is junk, it loses its place all the time even if that is the only app running. It also never makes it far in my playlist before starting all over and can't get past the first 100-200 songs anyway. It drove me to pay for Spotify. Bought myself a $99 annual gift card and Paypal had a 3 free month promo, so 15 months for $99. It has worked flawlessly always remembering where I left off even after numerous reboots.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YTM on the P8 is junk...
No argument there, but YTM is already paid for. Regardless, this is not a YTM flaw, as it also happens if Pocket Podcasts was the most recent audio source.

No, this is another flaw in AAOS, introduced in Version 1.7. Something to do with remembering the most recent audio selection. I'm starting to sense a correlation with using Google Maps for navigation.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
YTM was broken before 1.7, I have never had it working and been trying since June or July. I am frustrated as I am a YT Family Plan subscriber. I keep hearing YT is testing a lite plan without YTM which I would move to in a second as YTM is riddled with issues.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems to be triggered by using Google Assistant. On a recent trip I was listening to YTM and occasionally asking Google Assistant for things. Each time YTM would continue to play music, but the media slot on the home screen would switch to Google Podcasts. I would have to re-select YTM to see what was playing.

FWIW, I moved Google Podcasts to the bottom slot with the Range Assistant, and now THAT slot switches to Google Podcasts whenever I use Google Assistant. At least the Music player slot remains with YTM.

Definitely started with 1.7. I hope 1.8 resolves this.

Reactions: mike1234

·
Registered
44 Posts
Seems to be triggered by using Google Assistant. On a recent trip I was listening to YTM and occasionally asking Google Assistant for things. Each time YTM would continue to play music, but the media slot on the home screen would switch to Google Podcasts. I would have to re-select YTM to see what was playing.

FWIW, I moved Google Podcasts to the bottom slot with the Range Assistant, and now THAT slot switches to Google Podcasts whenever I use Google Assistant. At least the Music player slot remains with YTM.

Definitely started with 1.7. I hope 1.8 resolves this.
Same behavior here with google Podcast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts