Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

At my last service appointment, my dealer had updated my vehicle to 2.0 after having had the no gps/lte/wifi issues. This was 2 months ago.

All has been working absolutely fine since then.

I received the notice via my infotainment board that my car is ready for another software update. Thing is, my dealer at that time 2 months ago said to not do any updates by myself, that I should bring it to the dealer?

Should I?

Have y'all done your own updates?

What has your experience been like?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi all,

At my last service appointment, my dealer had updated my vehicle to 2.0 after having had the no gps/lte/wifi issues. This was 2 months ago.

I received the notice via my infotainment board that my car is ready for another software update. Thing is, my dealer at that time 2 months ago said to not do any updates by myself, that I should bring it to the dealer?

Should I?

My dealer performed the software update for 2.0. This weekend I successfully completed the software update for 2.1. For me, it was a wonderful feeling of success. The journey I am on is to embrace EV technology and never go back to ICE vehicles. Developing the skill to complete an OTA is important. If it failed, I would have kept trying. That is my approach. Your journey is uniquely your own and that decision is yours to make.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all,

Should I?

I had no problems with this (my first) update

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer performed the software update for 2.0. This weekend I successfully completed the software update for 2.1. For me, it was a wonderful feeling of success. The journey I am on is to embrace EV technology and never go back to ICE vehicles. Developing the skill to complete an OTA is important. If it failed, I would have kept trying. That is my approach. Your journey is uniquely your own and that decision is yours to make.
I soooooo agree with you. The first while I was so anxious with every little thing, terrified by everything I had been reading on the forum and wondering if I had made a mistake in my purchase. But I know I didn't make a mistake. I truly love my XC40. I had to move a neighbour's Tesla into our condo garage because he was out of town and it just confirmed my choice. I did not like the Tesla experience at all. I am super grateful and actually feel privileged to be able to drive my XC40. There are quirks but even gas cars can be lemons. Not going back to gas. Really loving my car and am learning to work with it, quirks and all.

Thanks for your comment, very helpful!

·
Registered
145 Posts
We have a 2022 XC40 Ultimate, purchased in November, we have performed the last four SW updates with no issues, other then needing restore our profiles after the first update, and rebooting the IHU after the 2nd update, forgot what wasn't working, but rebooting the IHU fixed it.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hi all,

Should I?

Hi I rec'd the letter a couple of weeks ago too - Canada usually get the actually download about a week after US Customers - Received our update this evening and I just finished installing it - will check t our more tomorrow. This was the 2.1 update. JUst wait for the car to tell you it downloaded and then install it following the screen instructions in the car. You should not have to have the dealer do it unless it actually never downloads.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Hi all,

Should I?

Did he say why he insisted you bring it in for update? If the car says it wants to update it means it has passed the are you compatible with this upgrade test.

Considering the last update was only a month ago you don’t really want to have to go in 12 times a year. . .

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did he say why he insisted you bring it in for update? If the car says it wants to update it means it has passed the are you compatible with this upgrade test.

Considering the last update was only a month ago you don’t really want to have to go in 12 times a year. . .
He didn't insist but he did repeat himself a few times therefore making me nervous to do it myself despite hearing nothing but success stories on the forum ...

He could have just been making an assumption that I wouldn't be able to manage it on my own even though I am fairly hands on and techy ... perhaps he was just being cautious, in his mind helpful.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’ve done previous updates no problem. I never received the 2.0 update but hoping for 2.1 any day now. If your car receives the update by all means install it. No need to waste time with a dealer visit.
Same here, I didn't get the 2.0 notice hence the dealer uploading it. But I did get the 2.1 so, I am just going to go for it....y'all have given me the confidence to do so :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awww sorry to hear.....

I managed to get a successful download...let's see if any quirky things pop up though. First thing I noticed is a flashing sos light ....:-(

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
365 Posts
Awww sorry to hear.....

I managed to get a successful download...let's see if any quirky things pop up though. First thing I noticed is a flashing sos light ....:-(
Yes my IHU rebooted and SOS blinked red for less than a minute before everything stabilized after install of 2.1.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
39 Posts
I’m relieved to hear others had the no GPS/Wi-Fi/lte issue! We’re waiting for our dealer appt and it sucks!
Update - car has been at the dealer for 4 days and they’re working with Volvo head office now because they cannot figure it out. They tried a reboot and updated and still nothing is working. We got a loaner x60 and the gas & size of it is killing us! I miss my car!!!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
39 Posts
Update - car has been at the dealer for 4 days and they’re working with Volvo head office now because they cannot figure it out. They tried a reboot and updated and still nothing is working. We got a loaner x60 and the gas & size of it is killing us! I miss my car!!!
Two weeks & 2 days. Still no car. Replaced TCAM, still not working. Back and forth with Volvo head officer. Dealer doesn’t even call to update I have to call daily and pester for answers. Meanwhile the loaner is eating gas like crazy … 😠

1 - 19 of 19 Posts