Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First question is can we have. Second 3rd .. nth VoC device?

If yes how do we do it?

Would be nice if spouses had the app especially if I locked myself out of the car. Unlock from home would be awesome and another stressor removed.

I downloaded the app on spouse(2)s phone. Logged in. Got to the pairing part but could not find a way to initiate pairing on the car.

Any help even if it a not possible would be welcomed.
Cheers

Reactions: shawkinaw

·
Registered
170 Posts
It has been 6+ weeks since I did this ... so I cannot recall precisely how I did it. But I will say this: both my wife/I have unique Google logins (on the car) and unique logins with the Volvo app, too. So we both created Volvo IDs that match our Gmail addresses, and the car is also logged into each.

IIRC, you have to be on each respective user, on the car and on the phone, to then create the 2nd (3rd/4th/etc) VoC connection. It does not allow you to create multiple VoC connections within the same user ID (VolvoID / GoogleID). To log into the car with the "other" user you need to go into the settings to login using your Google ID. To create the 2nd Volvo ID, that can be done via app on phone, or via Volvo web site.

Hope this helps steer you in right direction -- sorry I dont have a better precise recollection but we've had our car 3+ months, have put 7k miles on it already -- but I've long since forgotten the specifics of what we setup :p

·
Registered
155 Posts
I believe this is what you want to do?
You can pair multiple phones with one car. You just need to go into the car’s settings and add a Volvo On Call device (I think that’s the language used). It will instruct you to have the Volvo Cars app open on your phone and to accept a pairing. I think you need all the keys in the car to do this.

On initial setup, our car would hang during the Volvo On Call pairing with the second phone. We ended up getting it to work by removing that phone’s Bluetooth entry from the car and starting fresh. You probably remember that that’s when our car was acting up quite a lot, so it may have just been tied to all that nonsense. we got the car back from the dealer on Monday and were able to do the VOC linking without any fuss.

It’s also possible to link a single phone/Volvo ID with multiple cars, which we do since we each drive one. We were told at the dealership that we both needed to share the same Volvo ID if we both wanted to connect our respective phones to the car via this app (turned out that was not accurate). We have two separate Volvo IDs and each of them is linked to the two cars.
So you and your spouse can each have a Volvo ID and link them both to your car (or share the same Volvo ID and just have it logged into the app on both of your phones, if that’s preferable).

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was only able to accomplish this by having 1 device for each Android account. An Admin and a User. Is it possible to connect 2 (or more) IOS devices to the Admin account?
Hmm I want to make sure I don’t misquote anything.

Each of us has a profile on the car (and they’re each to set “admin” level.

Each of us has our own Volvo ID, and each of those IDs (through our respective phone apps) is linked to both cars we own. We can only load one car at a time in the app, but we can go into that Connected Cars section and switch between the vehicles.

I don’t know if that answers what you’re after.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help.
Summarizing what I think you are saying. Per device I need:
1 Volvo id
1 google account
1 profile

And maybe some luck :)

Reactions: shawkinaw
1 - 6 of 6 Posts