Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone figured out (what we were sold) that you can program the car to only charge at a certain time - over night for the free electric from the grid??

Finally have the VOC app connected and it's beyond grandparent proof, I want more bells, whistles and options!!! Wish we could root the car!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Per Volvo, later in 2021 or beginning of 2022 (Volvo Cars app updates | XC40 Recharge Pure Electric | Support and legal articles | Volvo Support ) :

Functions coming later in 2021/beginning of 2022:
  • Climate timers (for model year 2022) – remote pre-setting of times for pre-climatization
  • Where is my car? (for model year 2022) – see the vehicle's location on a map and, if necessary, activate the horn or indicator lights
  • Push notification to your phone if your vehicle is unlocked
  • Charging timers – remote pre-setting of when charging should start to take advantage of charging at low tariff times
  • Scheduling updates – remote pre-setting of times to update the vehicle over the air (OTA)
  • Car status – see mileage and other dashboard driving statistics in the app
  • Driving journal – keep track of mileage, trips and duration
  • Saved charging locations – the vehicle remembers the amperage at different charging points
  • Push notifications to your phone when charging starts or has been interrupted

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 1/21. 20" ride. OTA 11/02. White aka ORKA.
691 Posts
Per Volvo, later in 2021 or beginning of 2022 (Volvo Cars app updates | XC40 Recharge Pure Electric | Support and legal articles | Volvo Support ) :

Functions coming later in 2021/beginning of 2022:
  • Climate timers (for model year 2022) – remote pre-setting of times for pre-climatization
  • Where is my car? (for model year 2022) – see the vehicle's location on a map and, if necessary, activate the horn or indicator lights
  • Push notification to your phone if your vehicle is unlocked
  • Charging timers – remote pre-setting of when charging should start to take advantage of charging at low tariff times
  • Scheduling updates – remote pre-setting of times to update the vehicle over the air (OTA)
  • Car status – see mileage and other dashboard driving statistics in the app
  • Driving journal – keep track of mileage, trips and duration
  • Saved charging locations – the vehicle remembers the amperage at different charging points
  • Push notifications to your phone when charging starts or has been interrupted
i think ours is 2021 built, so first two points won’t apply assuming they work later ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
i think ours is 2021 built, so first two points won’t apply assuming they work later ?
The link also says this for model year 2022, but it works now with my 2021. Volvo seems to be screwing the pooch across the board with all these communications goofs.

Functions already available for model year 2022 vehicles:
  • Car lock/unlock – remote locking and unlocking of doors and tailgate
  • Climate direct start – remote pre-climatization of the passenger compartment before you go
  • Charging status – see how much the battery has been charged
  • Management of personal settings for the app and account

·
Registered
502 Posts
Please read the entire linked article, above I just copy/pasted the portion that mentions charging timers (the point of this thread). The two points you mention appear to be coming sooner for 2021 models:

Functions coming in mid-2021 for model year 2021 vehicles:
  • Car lock/unlock – remote locking and unlocking of doors and tailgate
  • Climate direct start – remote pre-climatization of the passenger compartment before you go
  • Charging status – see how much the battery has been charged
  • Management of personal settings for the app and account
  • Climate timers – remote pre-setting of times for pre-climatization
  • Where is my car? – see the vehicle's location on a map and, if necessary, activate the horn or indicator lights

1 - 6 of 6 Posts