Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My building is changing to a new garage access system and gave us new RFID stickers to open the garage door. We were told to install them on the BACK of the rearview mirror. As there is a "box" in front of the mirror, I questioned whether the sticker would work. As RFID in NOT "Line of site", I assumed the sticker would work. Installed the sticker on the rear of the mirror and discovered that both the side and rearview mirror became darker (the dimming function). Discovered that the sensor for oncoming headlights is in the rear of the mirror, so I removed the sensor and the mirror dimming returned to normal. So, I want to install the sticker somewhere on the "box", but I'm sure the box houses sensors for the cruise control, auto braking, etc. Does anyone have an idea where the sensors are located in the box in front of the rearview mirror?

·
Registered
45 Posts
My building is changing to a new garage access system and gave us new RFID stickers to open the garage door. We were told to install them on the BACK of the rearview mirror. As there is a "box" in front of the mirror, I questioned whether the sticker would work. As RFID in NOT "Line of site", I assumed the sticker would work. Installed the sticker on the rear of the mirror and discovered that both the side and rearview mirror became darker (the dimming function). Discovered that the sensor for oncoming headlights is in the rear of the mirror, so I removed the sensor and the mirror dimming returned to normal. So, I want to install the sticker somewhere on the "box", but I'm sure the box houses sensors for the cruise control, auto braking, etc. Does anyone have an idea where the sensors are located in the box in front of the rearview mirror?
Why not mount the RFID sticker in the same place where you would mount a stick-on toll transponder? We have the SunPass toll program in Florida and I purchased the stick-on transponder for our XC40 (I believe this is also an RFID) and stuck it on the inside of the windshield on the right of the box, out of the line of sight for the driver (since the rear view mirror will hide the sticker). I had no impact at all on any of the sensors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have an ezpass sensor on the windshield. This sensor strip is different,it faces the other way. If you place the sticky side on the windshield the sensor side would face to the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts