Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or our XC40's light sensor is too sensitive? A mild overcast morning will automatically switch the low beam headlights.. Shame because I really like the look of the Thor's hammer by itself. Just for comparison, I saw a 2019 s90/s60 driving around and it only had the Thor's hammer DRL turned on.

·
97 Posts
Yes, I also feel it’s too sensitive. Here in Chicago where I’m often driving under railroad bridges and overpasses, the lights are headlamps are constantly turning on and off. I appreciate the fast response when entering a tunnel, for example, but I agree the sensor is too sensitive.

I also wish the lights indicator on the dash would differentiate between when the DRL and headlamps are lit. Other cars I’ve had did that, and it was kind of nice. Since I got used to it, I miss it at least.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I also feel it’s too sensitive. Here in Chicago where I’m often driving under railroad bridges and overpasses, the lights are headlamps are constantly turning on and off. I appreciate the fast response when entering a tunnel, for example, but I agree the sensor is too sensitive.

I also wish the lights indicator on the dash would differentiate between when the DRL and headlamps are lit. Other cars I’ve had did that, and it was kind of nice. Since I got used to it, I miss it at least.
That would actually be nice to have. I just kinda got over its sensitivity but hopefully Volvo could just release a software update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts