Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So glad I purchased the C40 2022 EV this year in January, so we can claim $7500 tax credit for 2022 year end taxes next April 2023.😌

Look at the following Bill language for those of you in the market haggling to buy an EV. Get On the PO horn this week with your dealer! 💥🔥

• If you have a signed purchase order or sign one before Biden signs the bill (i.e., this week) and then have to wait for delivery of an EV assembled outside of North America, you can still qualify for the current credit.

• If you buy an EV assembled outside of North America after the bill is enacted but before the end of the year, you may not get the current credit as the final assembly requirement goes into effect at enactment, but the mineral and battery materials requirements go into effect next year. So see if you can get a signed purchase agreement before the bill is signed (i.e., this week).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I only have a buyer's order as the car won't be in until November. I will have to contact my sales rep to see if there's a VIN and maybe we can do something.

This stinks as I could really use that credit this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I only have a buyer's order as the car won't be in until November. I will have to contact my sales rep to see if there's a VIN and maybe we can do something.

I contacted my dealership and they stated they can't provide a purchase agreement until they have the car on the lot :/ maybe you'll have better luck

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Buyers order and having a VIN on file would be a good record of sorts! My VIN came directly from Volvo, so if your dealer doesn’t have it, give Volvo Customer Service of North America a buzz!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
interesting analysis by reuters ty
Well…not sure how this goes down with the general public looking to buy EVs in 2023 and beyond. In order to get the tax credit, You have to be astute to

1. ensure the EV you buy is manufactured and sourced in the USA.
2. Be at a specific MSRP and an income tax bracket. OR -
3. Stick with an ICE vehicle.

- Most electric-vehicle models would be ineligible for a $7,500 tax credit for U.S. buyers under a Democratic proposal in the U.S. Senate, a group of major automakers said on Friday.
Automakers have been privately expressing concern about the proposal's increasing requirements for vehicles' batteries and critical-mineral contents to be sourced from the United States.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've posted a separate comment about how battery leasing will bring MSRP into the proper range for rebates and open EVs to a wider market.

The manufacturers will whine because they are being forced to produce less profitable cars when they can't build enough high end ones to meet demand.

I predict that the demand for EVs will not fall as a result of this legislation. It will result in more domestic manufacturing of more affordable vehicles. For example the new cheaper id.4.

We may even see BEV with more appropriately sized batteries for daily use (50 kWh) as they take on the role of second cars. That is more Bolt and Leaf sized vehicles. Possibly lower range Konas or Niros.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've posted a separate comment about how battery leasing will bring MSRP into the proper range for rebates and open EVs to a wider market.

The manufacturers will whine because they are being forced to produce less profitable cars when they can't build enough high end ones to meet demand.

I predict that the demand for EVs will not fall as a result of this legislation. It will result in more domestic manufacturing of more affordable vehicles. For example the new cheaper id.4.

We may even see BEV with more appropriately sized batteries for daily use (50 kWh) as they take on the role of second cars. That is more Bolt and Leaf sized vehicles. Possibly lower range Konas or Niros.
I wish I was optimistic; anytime there's an EV article posted, I see too many of the "if I can't go 600 miles towing my cabin cruiser, and recharge in 1 minute, it's no good!" Once the public can be convinced this is not a normal use case that maybe some progress can be made.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

As long as I get to pick up my Volvo Embla or Polestar 3 in South Carolina and drive out from the Factory, I am gravy! Time will tell - as
To the pace and rate of EVs that are holistically designed, sourced, procured, built, assembled and delivered within the continental USA 🇺🇸. I also want a solid network of EV service engineers at our Volvo dealerships!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wish I was optimistic; anytime there's an EV article posted, I see too many of the "if I can't go 600 miles towing my cabin cruiser, and recharge in 1 minute, it's no good!" Once the public can be convinced this is not a normal use case that maybe some progress can be made.
I used to be this person and it was easy when PEV's cost more than gas vehicles with similar performance. Now, that is not the case, and I am forced to examine my ACTUAL usage for a vehicle.

·
Registered
191 Posts
the vin # has the manufacturer date, not sure if that is enough. time to talk to your accountant.
I would opine that the buyer's order I signed counts as pretty **** binding, and does include the VIN. In fact, this is legit one of the "scariest" buyer's orders I have signed. Once you ink it, it's going to court if you "want out". I secured my loan and locked my APR before I inked this.
Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Magenta

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Agreed - inflated and out of bounds pie in the sky expectations from clueless folks!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts