Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'20 RDesign...
The panel shows a red seat if the person in the right front seat didn't buckle up. But there's no beeping as there is on the driver side. Is this normal, or doI have a problem?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's odd. I thought there'd be more than a pair of "dings". I guess Volvo decided seeing red seats was enough to prompt the driver to berate the passenger. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2004 made no sounds for the driver. I looked this up, and NHTSA says that a warning is required (it does not specify if that warning is a sound or light). It's been a while since I read this, but if a sound is required, it's only required for a couple of seconds before shutting off. You would think that Volvo, with their safety record, would make it more alarming if someone is not buckled.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW, both of our BMW's won't shut up until either passenger leaves or the seatbelt's locked in place. Oh, well, so it goes...

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
29 Posts
FWIW, both of our BMW's won't shut up until either passenger leaves or the seatbelt's locked in place. Oh, well, so it goes...
the rear seat sensors are for 5-7 pounds i believe. glad it wont beep as i always have random crap in my back seats.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife is a "leave it on the floor" person. Drives me nuts just looking at it. "How can you cope with all that stuff down there?" The issue isn't likely to be resolved any time soon. Stuff on the rear seat is #2 on that list. Floor behind the seats is tolerated.

Some people have OCD, some of us just act that way. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts