Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while stopped at a traffic light my seatbelt suddenly snapped tightly around me. It was frightening and
jarring and seemed to happen for no obvious reason. I was slammed against the seat. Had I been on the freeway it
could've caused an accident. Has anyone experienced this?
Other issue is excessive fuel use and the fuel gauge seems faulty. This is an XC 40 2020 and I've only owned it for a month.

·
Registered
84 Posts
This has happened several times with my 2019 XC 40. In each case, it is the action of anti collusion system. The first two when the system stopped the car when a driver cut me off at an intersection making a turn. One was when I was parked at a light and a car with extremely high speed came behind me slamming on its brakes (probably the guy was looking at the radio or something). This is normal and not a malfunction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has happened several times with my 2019 XC 40. In each case, it is the action of anti collusion system. The first two when the system stopped the car when a driver cut me off at an intersection making a turn. One was when I was parked at a light and a car with extremely high speed came behind me slamming on its brakes (probably the guy was looking at the radio or something). This is normal and not a malfunction.
HI,
When this happened there were no cars anywhere near me and it was not a collision prevention situation.
It happened without any apparent cause!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also happened to me when I was sitting at a stoplight and a car whizzed past me from behind at a very high rate of speed (and I think much too close to my car). It scared me, but I know it was to protect me from a possible collision. It seems odd that it would happen with no apparent reason.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts