Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Done with the road trip. On the way back I was driving within the speed limits. Car consumption was 22.5kWh/100km. Not bad at all.
Spotify is terrible. Doesn't load my playlists and refused to load music. Uninstalled and installed. Works and still not loading playlists. Did not restarted. Spotify doesn't deserve that honor.
Car Land vehicle Sky Building Vehicle

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Whistler looks good. Not so many people. Had a problem with BC Hydro fast charger. Did not want to initiate the charge. Call their support and they restarted the tower. It works now no problem.
View attachment 1805
Rebooting the car and rebooting chargers seems ot be the way of life with EVs. Chalk 1 up to Tesla, they got the charging experience nailed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I must be an exception. I have had zero issues with Sirius and Spotify. Not complaining at all.
I am jealous 😏. Now it is working. It must be Heavy Metal playing most of the time.

Well, Tesla are better in that way I guess... Never liked them never owned them so I can't speak out of experience.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Done with the road trip. On the way back I was driving within the speed limits. Car consumption was 22.5kWh/100km. Not bad at all.
Spotify is terrible. Doesn't load my playlists and refused to load music. Uninstalled and installed. Works and still not loading playlists. Did not restarted. Spotify doesn't deserve that honor.
View attachment 1810
oh man I can't wait to get back to Whistler in January. Last time we were to go was mid-March 2020 😱
We flew from Philadelphia to Vancouver and had to immediately start figuring out a way to get back. In late Friday night and out on the earliest plane I could book on Sunday morning. Basically had brunch at Cafe Medina as the highlight of the trip.

• Wow
Reactions: DeaneG

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
oh man I can't wait to get back to Whistler in January. Last time we were to go was mid-March 2020 😱
We flew from Philadelphia to Vancouver and had to immediately start figuring out a way to get back. In late Friday night and out on the earliest plane I could book on Sunday morning. Basically had brunch at Cafe Medina as the highlight of the trip.
You will. This season should feel more normal with the vaccines out there. Get yourself booked. I sent you private msg.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
238 Posts
Kinda lame “road trip” from regional Victoria AUS to Melbourne...we had our best economy yet...16.5 kWh/100 km (25.9 kWh/100 mi). Was about 20-25C - the warmest temps we’ve had since we bought the car, and we drove from near Daylesford VIC (elevation about 650M) down to the southeastern suburbs of Melbourne (not much above sea level). Long stretch (about 100 km) of 110kph freeway with some significant up and down hill sections, then about 40 km of slow and stop/go traffic once we hit the city to get through to the other side. We were really happy with that result. Coming home was 23.5 kWh/100 km (37.8 kWh/100 mi) as it was cooler and we did use some heat on the final stretch this morning from our overnight stay to the house. One disconcerting thing we confirmed is the driver’s side heated seat does nothing. :( Looks like trip to dealer may be required, although we had been avoiding it. Guess we have 5 years of warranty so we can procrastinate until other issues crop up. The reason for our road trip was to put the car on display for the Volvo Club of Victoria’s first meeting in over 20 months. We had a lot of interest in the car and only a couple hecklers. :) We did a ~15 minute fast charge at an Ampol petrol station. I was feeling quite smug knowing that even at the charger’s high electricity rates ($0.60AUD/kWh=$0.43USD/kWh), we’re still paying a lot less than the current inflated petrol prices ($1.87AUD/liter=$5.11USD/US gallon). We were good to get back to our escape to the country after all that city driving. :)
Font Gadget Display device Electronic device Multimedia

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue - 01/21
42 Posts
What are the odds? Somebody recognize his car? I had to stop beside it :cool: View attachment 1749

Winter driving tips: one pedal driving is OK but if I apply the breaks the car will slide. IN winter use either OPD or just normal break.

And that is a big family out for the long weekend.

View attachment 1750
Yeah, that was me. We drove to Manning Park from Victoria and spent the weekend. We planned to drive home on Monday to avoid Sunday traffic and ferry issues and then all that rain caused flooding and landslides cutting us off from the Lower Mainland. We were stuck up at Manning Park for four extra nights. Fortunately the part of Princeton where the grocery store was was not flooded and we were able to resupply as our options were dwindling at that point. Anyhow, here is a photo of my XC40 charging up at Hope Slide on the way up to Manning Park.

The Hope slide BC Hydro charger is free. I also topped up for the drive home on Sunday at the BC Hydro charger at the Manning Park lodge. The power went out at the resort when I was mostly charged and as a result BC Hydro never billed me for that charge. Sweet deal. I didn't know at the time that Manning Park would be on diesel generator for the next five days and we'd be stuck there... I'm not complaining though. Our experience was a minor inconvenience compared to what all those with flooded homes, etc. are dealing with now.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeah, that was me. We drove to Manning Park from Victoria and spent the weekend. We planned to drive home on Monday to avoid Sunday traffic and ferry issues and then all that rain caused flooding and landslides cutting us off from the Lower Mainland. We were stuck up at Manning Park for four extra nights. Fortunately the part of Princeton where the grocery store was was not flooded and we were able to resupply as our options were dwindling at that point. Anyhow, here is a photo of my XC40 charging up at Hope Slide on the way up to Manning Park.

The Hope slide BC Hydro charger is free. I also topped up for the drive home on Sunday at the BC Hydro charger at the Manning Park lodge. The power went out at the resort when I was mostly charged and as a result BC Hydro never billed me for that charge. Sweet deal. I didn't know at the time that Manning Park would be on diesel generator for the next five days and we'd be stuck there... I'm not complaining though. Our experience was a minor inconvenience compared to what all those with flooded homes, etc. are dealing with now.
Awesome. That is unbelievable to see you here after. Keep it rolling. Best place perhaps to get stuck is Manning.
Thank you for the tips on that free charger. Will use it next time. Perhaps in few months. Things are very bad now. The infrastructure is broken or missing now and more rain coming. Stay safe.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Love the Dog enclosure, what company's product is that?
It’s a Volvo product. As far as I know, the XC40 is the only model that doesn’t have one (probably because of the depth of the cargo area). The one I bought is only listed as compatible with the previous gen V60, but I rolled the dice and ordered anyway. It fits great. It’s three parts (the pull-down “steel grille,” which you can get for xc40, plus a transverse cargo divider and finally the dog gate itself. Very sturdy and robust.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Kinda lame “road trip” from regional Victoria AUS to Melbourne...we had our best economy yet...16.5 kWh/100 km (25.9 kWh/100 mi). Was about 20-25C - the warmest temps we’ve had since we bought the car, and we drove from near Daylesford VIC (elevation about 650M) down to the southeastern suburbs of Melbourne (not much above sea level). Long stretch (about 100 km) of 110kph freeway with some significant up and down hill sections, then about 40 km of slow and stop/go traffic once we hit the city to get through to the other side. We were really happy with that result. Coming home was 23.5 kWh/100 km (37.8 kWh/100 mi) as it was cooler and we did use some heat on the final stretch this morning from our overnight stay to the house. One disconcerting thing we confirmed is the driver’s side heated seat does nothing. :( Looks like trip to dealer may be required, although we had been avoiding it. Guess we have 5 years of warranty so we can procrastinate until other issues crop up. The reason for our road trip was to put the car on display for the Volvo Club of Victoria’s first meeting in over 20 months. We had a lot of interest in the car and only a couple hecklers. :) We did a ~15 minute fast charge at an Ampol petrol station. I was feeling quite smug knowing that even at the charger’s high electricity rates ($0.60AUD/kWh=$0.43USD/kWh), we’re still paying a lot less than the current inflated petrol prices ($1.87AUD/liter=$5.11USD/US gallon). We were good to get back to our escape to the country after all that city driving. :)
View attachment 1832
View attachment 1833 View attachment 1834
I like the figures on the consumption. 16.5 seems impossible to me. Volvo Club of BC did not have any gatherings for 2 years almost. They should have one in September 2022 but it is far away.

·
Registered
135 Posts
View attachment 1843

It’s a Volvo product. As far as I know, the XC40 is the only model that doesn’t have one (probably because of the depth of the cargo area). The one I bought is only listed as compatible with the previous gen V60, but I rolled the dice and ordered anyway. It fits great. It’s three parts (the pull-down “steel grille,” which you can get for xc40, plus a transverse cargo divider and finally the dog gate itself. Very sturdy and robust.

View attachment 1842
I opted for the steel grill in my xc40 and I love having it. it essentially turns the whole cargo area into a dog enclosure for my GSD. When no dog is back there it easily folds up and out of view. It is very sturdy and will prevent items from becoming projectiles into the main cabin if there was to be an accident.

·
Registered
400 Posts

Not a road trip picture but a history vs. today picture - covering over 64 years - just a bit of a contrast!!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like the figures on the consumption. 16.5 seems impossible to me. Volvo Club of BC did not have any gatherings for 2 years almost. They should have one in September 2022 but it is far away.
Yes we were shocked by the 16.5 kWh/100 km reading too! We picked up the car at the end of September and it’s been cold here since then (we’re in “spring”). The warm temps on our drive to Melb (20-25C) really helped (and we didn’t need AC).

·
Registered
238 Posts
Re: VCBC - I assume you know Gregg Morris? I keep in touch with him and we exchange magazines. We met up with him when we were in Vancouver some years back for an Alaska cruise then driving tour around BC. If you see him say hello from Greg in Australia!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts