Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all: just bought a service vehicle 2019 T5 XC 40 in onyx black with about 9000 km(6000 miles) on it ... great car so far ... I bought a road hazard protection package for 4 years coverage from the dealer .. It covers all cosmetic damage from exterior to interior including key fob replacement ... anyone have any feedback with something like this... yea it was bout 1800 cdn .. thx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Dear,
Here I also bought Road hazard
( tires and wheels protection). I don’t know if is the same as your.
I purchased this to protect the 20’ tires and wheels. Volvo most of the time recommend replace the tire if you got a nail, Pirelli tires come with foam cover for road noise so can’t be fix.
Best wishes.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
hi all: just bought a service vehicle 2019 T5 XC 40 in onyx black with about 9000 km(6000 miles) on it ... great car so far ... I bought a road hazard protection package for 4 years coverage from the dealer .. It covers all cosmetic damage from exterior to interior including key fob replacement ... anyone have any feedback with something like this... yea it was bout 1800 cdn .. thx
Most of these types of hazard protection plans are not worth the paper they are printed on unless it is from the OEM Manufacturer. Many horror stories of people that try to use them and find many roadblocks and excuses for the coverage not being provided. Most of these are just big profit scams that the dealers use.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sometime warranty don’t cover everything, you need to read the fine print, in my case I don’t want to deal with any issues in the future. A month ago before a got the xc40 I had 2 time blowout tires on a Corolla the worst case the car wasn’t mine. First time happen from used tires and I have to replaced it with brand new Tires, 2 day after same highway blowout the brand new tire. What a luck!!!! So base on my experience I don’t want to deal with it in the xc40.
Bigger wheels more expensive tire and wheels this is my first 20’ wheels so I rather protect theme just in case!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts