Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For XC40 T5 Momentum owners:
Did the removable waste basket come with your vehicle? We did not get one on ours. I know it is a minor thing, but the online info implies that it should have the waste basket. Our dealer said: "Was it listed on your window sticker? If not, you didn't get this item." Silly dealer logic for you.
There are lots of things that were included on our ride that were not listed on the sticker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did the removable waste basket come with your vehicle? We did not get one on ours. I know it is a minor thing, but the online info implies that it should have the waste basket. Our dealer said: "Was it listed on your window sticker? If not, you didn't get this item." Silly dealer logic for you.
There are lots of things that were included on our ride that were not listed on the sticker.
I bought a fairly stripped version of the T5Momentum sticker was a hair over $40,000. No sunroof no power passenger seat, no little drawer under the driver's seat. I do have heated seats and steering wheel that I do appreciate and yes my came with the little garbage pail in front of the center armrest and I love it. I think the dealer is trying to get away with something. Was your car on the showroom floor? if so it seems while on the floor small parts seem to grow feet. Pretty sure all of them come with it and yours seems to be on the missing list.Your dealer sounds sleazy with that line of crap he gave you. Fight back contact Volvo headquarters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just want to add that the commercials I see on TV show the little drawer under the driver's seat and hooks integral to the rear folding compartment cover neither of which I received and I just reviewed my window sticker and there is no mention of the waste basket in front of the center armrest yet I have it. You got robbed. Let us know how the fight goes with the dealer. Did you buy it in the USA?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the T4 in Brazil and it was quite the same. The trash bin and that hook inside the glovebox it is not included, BUT nobody told be when I bought the car. Actually it was listed in the car manual as included, and the trash bin is printed in all photos of the T4 marketing material available at that time. :sad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: I contacted Volvo Customer Service via email and they stated that my model should have come with the removable waste basket. I forwarded the Volvo email to my dealer and he said he would have his parts guy take care of this. I imagine that parts for the XC40 are hard to come by.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update: I contacted Volvo Customer Service via email and they stated that my model should have come with the removable waste basket. I forwarded the Volvo email to my dealer and he said he would have his parts guy take care of this. I imagine that parts for the XC40 are hard to come by.
Wonderful, you're going to love it, I use mine frequently. Just goes to show you that perseverance pays off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5 months later and we have finally received our waste bin. The dealer even mailed it to us at no charge. Thanks to Jacob in parts and Kevin in finance at Hunter Volvo in Hendersonville, NC for making this right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts