Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 T5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first Volvo and am trying to understand this things...lol.

Currently my wife uses Profile1 with the full key and I use Profile2 with the SportKey(Until I get my new full key).

Yesterday I remote started the car after my wife had used it and I went in with my key. It switched to Profile2 like it should have but the seats and mirrors didn't move. I have to adjust it using the memory buttons on the door. Shouldn't this happen automatically when the profile changes?

·
Registered
87 Posts
So this is my first Volvo and am trying to understand this things...lol.

Currently my wife uses Profile1 with the full key and I use Profile2 with the SportKey(Until I get my new full key).

Yesterday I remote started the car after my wife had used it and I went in with my key. It switched to Profile2 like it should have but the seats and mirrors didn't move. I have to adjust it using the memory buttons on the door. Shouldn't this happen automatically when the profile changes?
The orange key is almost useless. Get the full key for the full experience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Go to profile settings and tick "Protect my settings" and "Connect to key". Especially protection is important to keep all your settings tied to you key

·
Registered
2021 XC40 T5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had anyone created multiple Volvo ID's for the same car? One for you and one for your spouse?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 T5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My bad. I saw "sport key" and mistakenly thought it was the orange key.

So so much to love about the XC40 - except the 2021 key fobs.
Besides the key, my two largest annoyances are Remote start and keyless entry.
With remote start the fact that the heat doesn't kick on automatically is so stupid. Also at what temp does the auto heated seats and steering wheel kick in? Today it was 38 in my garage and they didn't come on with the remote start if I set it to come on with auto start then **** it, it should come on no matter what the temp is

Remote u locking with the app is dumb. You unlock it and so done has to touch the truck button before the doors unlock. How dumb is that? So far I am impressed with almost everything else. My other slight annoyance is that I have to turn on the fog lights manually.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Besides the key, my two largest annoyances are Remote start and keyless entry.
With remote start the fact that the heat doesn't kick on automatically is so stupid. Also at what temp does the auto heated seats and steering wheel kick in? Today it was 38 in my garage and they didn't come on with the remote start if I set it to come on with auto start then **** it, it should come on no matter what the temp is

Remote u locking with the app is dumb. You unlock it and so done has to touch the truck button before the doors unlock. How dumb is that? So far I am impressed with almost everything else. My other slight annoyance is that I have to turn on the fog lights manually.
I agree with everything you say. Why can't the autostart automatically lock the door? Why does autostart remember the last setting instead of full-blast heat?

Best car ever, except for the issues you bring up. Totally dumb. And when contacting Volvo about it, they just reply back with scripted nonsense. These issues can be fixed with a few lines of computer code (I am a coder by trade).

·
Super Moderator
190 Posts
When I first got my car, unlocking with the app actually did that - you didn’t have to press the truck button. After a software update at some point, now you do. So what does that tell you? Someone sued. There must have been an issue. But oh well, so you have to push the trunk button. Not a big deal, is it? I rarely used remote unlock anyway - why would you? Only if I get down to my car with my dog and have forgotten the key. I unlock it to let him in and go back inside. So 2-3 times a year having the feature at all is still a more of a convenience than inconvenience.

My dad and his wife use two profiles for their shared Volvo. It’s not perfect, and I remember them complaining about the climate control settings. I’m surprised it’s not better thought out especially since it’s much more common in Sweden that a family would share one car.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 T5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I agree with everything you say. Why can't the autostart automatically lock the door? Why does autostart remember the last setting instead of full-blast heat?

Best car ever, except for the issues you bring up. Totally dumb. And when contacting Volvo about it, they just reply back with scripted nonsense. These issues can be fixed with a few lines of computer code (I am a coder by trade).
Sometimes things just don't make sense.....
When I first got my car, unlocking with the app actually did that - you didn’t have to press the truck button. After a software update at some point, now you do. So what does that tell you? Someone sued. There must have been an issue. But oh well, so you have to push the trunk button. Not a big deal, is it? I rarely used remote unlock anyway - why would you? Only if I get down to my car with my dog and have forgotten the key. I unlock it to let him in and go back inside. So 2-3 times a year having the feature at all is still a more of a convenience than inconvenience.

My dad and his wife use two profiles for their shared Volvo. It’s not perfect, and I remember them complaining about the climate control settings. I’m surprised it’s not better thought out especially since it’s much more common in Sweden that a family would share one car.
It doesn't matter when I would use it. It's an extra step that ruins a convenience. The look on my child face or a friend's face that forgot something in the car when I explain to them how to get in after I unlock it. It is stupid.

What is the point of a remote start if it doesn't hear or cool the cabin for you?

Do your Dad and wife have two separate Volvo IDs? Currently my wife and I are sharing an ID but I would think we should have each our own.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 T5
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
According to this article: Remote Start
If I set the auto function in the car it should work as my garage is currently 27F. It is not turning on my heated seats and steering wheel during remote start. I feel like it did before but it has not been working correctly for the last week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts