Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Has anyone else had this happen?

We've got a T4 R Design Pro auto which is a nice car, but it's only done about 3000 miles and 2 things have already gone wrong!

a) The wiper stalk needs replacing and a new part has to be ordered from Sweden because front wipers don't work correctly!

b) The Automatic system that allows the headlights to dip and 'see around corners' has malfunctioned. The dealer said it was due to a software glitch which Volvo is aware of and are working on a 'fix'. However not sure when this will be resolved!

So my initial enthusiasm for the car has been dampened somewhat, as I wasn't expecting things like this to go wrong on a brand new car, especially a supposedly reliable brand as Volvo!
Does this mean there'll be a recall, and is this a classic example of the adage of having too many fancy gadgets that will only go wrong?!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I can only report that We have had our 2019 T5 R-Design since December of 2018. To date we have not had any problems at all - none. We previously had a 2006 Subaru Tribeca and in the first two years had a complete engine replaced - and the engine failed again two years after that. So I can say that our XC40, so far, has been very reliable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have 2 XC40 Inscriptions (2020 and 2021). So far, so great.

The only problem is my 2020's sunvisor makes a small annoying noise on less-than-smooth roads. And when driving in cellphone dead zones, Apple Car play crashes (I am guessing this is an Apple bug more than a Volvo bug).

Compared to any other car I have driven, this car is a dream - so far.

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
44 Posts
I have 2 XC40 Inscriptions (2020 and 2021). So far, so great.

The only problem is my 2020's sunvisor makes a small annoying noise on less-than-smooth roads. And when driving in cellphone dead zones, Apple Car play crashes (I am guessing this is an Apple bug more than a Volvo bug).

Compared to any other car I have driven, this car is a dream - so far.
Same here. my 2020 is a dream and no problems as of now. I do read up on problems that way if it happens to me i have some knowledge of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts