Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2019 XC40 R-design, in October 2018. Twice since then I have been driving and received a reduced engine capacity notice with an orange turtle warning notice. The vehicle shakes and will not accelerate over 42mph. The first time the dealership kept it for 10 days and had to contact Volvo engineers because they weren't familiar with the issue. Replaced spark plugs and performed system update. Vehicle was towed to dealership this morning. I was told probably needed new spark plugs again. Anyone else have this issue? Super concerned about the unreliability of this vehicle

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nope. How many miles do you have on it now? Spark plugs these days can go up to 100 000 miles on some cars. Not sure for the Volvo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely not driver related if Volvo engineers had to be called to fix it. I don't drive in comfort mode. First time it happened I was driving down the interstate at 70mph when the car began to shake and quickly lost speed and acceleration. This last incident occurred when I was going through a round about around 25mph. When I tried to accelerate out of the circle it wouldn't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. How many miles do you have on it now? Spark plugs these days can go up to 100 000 miles on some cars. Not sure for the Volvo.
I have 25,000 miles on the car. Picked it up today. Service center replaced ignition coils but couldn't explain why I've had these issues with a now relatively new vehicle. I'm concerned about losing speed and the ability to accelerate when needed. Definitely not safe but Volvo doesn't seem to be concerned

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 D4 AWD.
I had the same issue 2 weeks ago and the turtle showed up. Car has 28000 km.
Took it to the dealer repair shop, they had to replace the Turbo (still under warranty).
28k km for a Turbo is not a lot ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Issue occurred again on September 21. Driving on interstate highway. Stepped on accelerator to pass and car went into limp mode. Unable to accelerate and could only maintain a speed of 50mph. Has been at service center for 10 days now. Flew in engineer to look at it. No word yet on what the issue may be. Definitely unsafe to drive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts