Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have recommendations for steering wheel/seat covers. Also can the recharge take a hitch? I've seen the bike racks for the XC40 but will it work with the recharge?

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you get the hitch, yes. I have the 2" hitch and got the Volvo branded 4 bike rack for it. It's an XC40, so anything for the XC40 will fit.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you get the hitch, yes. I have the 2" hitch and got the Volvo branded 4 bike rack for it. It's an XC40, so anything for the XC40 will fit.
Awesome thanks for the info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Be aware there is a different tow bar kit for the Recharge than the standard XC40 and to my knowledge there are no aftermarket kits for the Recharge. As I understand, the installation basically requires taking the bumper off the car and I was told point blank by a dealer they wouldn't suggest spending the money to install it after the fact if it wasn't ordered with it.

I opted for the roof rack instead for simplicity as I was looking primarily to be able to carry a couple kayaks or a couple bikes, either of which the roof rack can accommodate.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[/QUOTE]
Be aware there is a different tow bar kit for the Recharge than the standard XC40 and to my knowledge there are no aftermarket kits for the Recharge. As I understand, the installation basically requires taking the bumper off the car and I was told point blank by a dealer they wouldn't suggest spending the money to install it after the fact if it wasn't ordered with it.

I opted for the roof rack instead for simplicity as I was looking primarily to be able to carry a couple kayaks or a couple bikes, either of which the roof rack can accommodate.
Did they say why they didn't recommend, was it just because of the cost? Only reason I would prefer the hitch is I'm not very tall. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did they say why they didn't recommend, was it just because of the cost? Only reason I would prefer the hitch is I'm not very tall. Thanks.
Yeah, they were being frank about the cost. Basically the towbar kit accessory costs more than the option was when you order the car, plus a wiring kit, plus all the labor to install. I'm sure they would take my money if I was insistent but it would easily be 2x the cost of the factory option to add it after the fact.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i had it put on by Volvo after taking delivery. the installation was very clean and it adds a nice tow to trailer line up feature in the camera.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah, they were being frank about the cost. Basically the towbar kit accessory costs more than the option was when you order the car, plus a wiring kit, plus all the labor to install. I'm sure they would take my money if I was insistent but it would easily be 2x the cost of the factory option to add it after the fact.
Yes, not cheap - over $1000 with installation. But that's what I'm applying my $1000 "service bulletin" credit toward - and the dealer has agreed to it. I'm just getting the hitch/receiver, not the electrical hookup since this will be just for my existing bike racks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes, not cheap - over $1000 with installation. But that's what I'm applying my $1000 "service bulletin" credit toward - and the dealer has agreed to it. I'm just getting the hitch/receiver, not the electrical hookup since this will be just for my existing bike racks.
Gotcha, makes sense!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mine was fitted by the dealer and is the electric version, towing limit is 1500kg with braked trailer. Not sure what it will do for the range pulling 1500 kg, I only have a small trailer, and not used that yet.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
257 Posts
I like that - was planning to get it as well - did the dealer install it or did you do it? also how much is that item?
It's item # 31659003

If not preinstalled -- from what I can tell, the parts houses start at about $300 (USD), MSRP about $400. A little spendy but I'm actually pondering it too. :)

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
257 Posts
I looked at the installation instructions -- a lot of parts have to come off, enough for me to look at it and go "uhh... cool, never mind."

I'm as happy as anyone else to take stuff apart but somehow a brand new car is off limits. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anyone find seat covers they recommend? Oh and rubber mats?! The Volvo made "all weather" mats are a joke, at least for protection against toddlers and sandy dogs haha

·
Registered
2021 Volvo P8. MFD 3/21. June update. White aka ORKA.
624 Posts
Aside from the Weathertech mats for the Passenger/Driver and Truck (2nd row is not available as of yet), I'd also gotten this additional seat protector. 100% of the time almost daily, I'm constantly throwing my heavy backpack and/or lunches on one side of the 2nd row seat so wanted to protect it from scuffing over time.....easily cleaned, if any spills easily catches liquid with the raised lips on all 4 sides...... works pretty well

1 - 20 of 24 Posts