Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in and see it said READY in green text on the top right, not sure what that means, nothing in the manual for it as far as I can see. Any ideas?

Also any way to know if you’ve gotten an update? Maybe related ... anything is possible

·
Registered
428 Posts
Also any way to know if you’ve gotten an update? Maybe related ... anything is possible
Actual OTA updates for the car software will be quite noticable - based on what I've read from Polestar users. They're supposed to download in the background while you're driving. When downloaded you'll get a notification on the console and some big scary warnings saying it will take 90 minutes, your car will be inoperable for that time, need at least a 40% minimum charge, do not plug in your charger during this time or you'll brick your car, etc. You'll need to confirm before installing the update.

I don't believe XC40 owners have seen ANY OTA updates from Volvo yet. The most recent update (built March 18, released April 27) had to be dealer-installed. The only "updates" I've seen have been from Google - for Maps, Assistant, and Play Store apps.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It sounds like it’s a

“ hey stop texting/sleeping/eating/not paying attention as the car In front has driven off “ warnings sound

This sounds nifty. Going to turn it on tomorrow. Alas it means being a d!ck to test it but for science ….

Reactions: Clocky

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weird -- I get the notification when I first turn the car on in my driveway. I do liek to take my time before leaving, making sure I got my podcast ready ...maybe the car is telling me toget on with it already.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Weird -- I get the notification when I first turn the car on in my driveway. I do liek to take my time before leaving, making sure I got my podcast ready ...maybe the car is telling me toget on with it already.
Are you talking about this? Pretty sure it shows this every time I put the car into gear.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ready to engage the star drive.
If you got that option.

Weeeeeeeeeee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts