Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plan is coming together.. We live in the California desert near Palm Springs, where it routinely gets in the 115-120 during July-October. We've learned the hard way that anything made of plastic or rubber has about a 5 year lifespan if left in the heat. Car batteries last about 3 years.

Our attached 2 car garage was NOT insulated nor air conditioned, so last year we replaced the paper thin aluminum garage door with an insulated one. Last week we had an insulation contractor come in and blow insulation into the walls of the garage and added more insulation into the attic of the house and garage.

Yesterday, an electrician came out and added a 20 amp 120v circuit with outlet for a thru-the-wall air conditioner and also a 50 amp 240v circuit with NEMA 14-50 outlet for the C40!

Got a drywall guy coming today to give me an estimate on patching up the holes they made to blow in the insulation as well as framing out a hole in the wall for the AC unit and then painting the garage.

So, I think I'll be ready for my C40, whenever it finally gets here! YAY

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Volvo emailed me this morning.. Looks like the wait will be a little more than they first told me.. My C40 is scheduled to be at my dealership here in Southern California between 3/24 - 4/21...

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,493 Posts
That’s great! Your car(s) will love you for that! Are solar panels an option if you don’t already have a solar system on the house?

· Registered
206 Posts
Our C40 is apparently arriving to port at Baltimore on 2/22. I have no idea how long it will take for the car to reach Minnesota from there, but I'm starting to get the ducks in a row for the arrival of it. Got enrolled in the off-peak charging program at the local power company that includes installation of a ChargePoint Home Flex and I'm guessing installation might be done in around 2~3 weeks. Maybe it will coincide with the arrival of the car. I guess if not I can always use it to charge my Tesla at the off-peak rate for a few nights. Looking forward to seeing the C40!

Reactions: Speed_Bump

· Registered
See Forty
274 Posts
Our C40 is apparently arriving to port at Baltimore on 2/22. I have no idea how long it will take for the car to reach Minnesota from there, but I'm starting to get the ducks in a row for the arrival of it. Got enrolled in the off-peak charging program at the local power company that includes installation of a ChargePoint Home Flex and I'm guessing installation might be done in around 2~3 weeks. Maybe it will coincide with the arrival of the car. I guess if not I can always use it to charge my Tesla at the off-peak rate for a few nights. Looking forward to seeing the C40!
Tijuca?
Ours may be on the same boat

· Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
296 Posts
Mine arrived in Baltimore on 1/25, and got to my dealer in Ann Arbor on Feb 10th.

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Our Fusion Red C40 is due to arrive at port in So. California today. Dealer says to expect delivery between 3/14 and 3/28. Scottsdale AZ ordered 12/3/21. View attachment 2824
TIJUCA is moored at Port Hueneme as of 5:50AM this morning!! YAY!! The long wait is almost over!

· Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
we passed by the Volvo dealership last night after dinner out and there was a Fjord Blue C40 in the lot!! I didn't think it would be mine, seeing how the ship just unloaded yesterday... Swung in to check the VIN.. NOT mine.. Grrrr. Fingers crossed for next week! Pi Day would be a bonus (3-14)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.