Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Same here -- STILL in the shop -- they're supposedly replacing the pads and rotors. I ahve the S60 T5 loaner, i felt like it was SO LOUD ! We're spoiled !
Hope to get the car back today claiming Parts were ordered and arriving today. Car's been there since last Thursday - I MISS IT. In short, they have NO CLUE what they're dealing with so probably taking them longer to diagnose. Had to show them several posts on Brakes from this Forum to "help" them with their diagnosis !
I think I won’t get mine back until early July. The replacement axle is apparently swimming to the US from Sweden.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
And the Suez Canal is blocked again I think :(

So crappy to have to get a major replacement on such a new car. Wonder if they could give you fee extended warrantee or the like.

·
Registered
541 Posts
And the Suez Canal is blocked again I think :(

So crappy to have to get a major replacement on such a new car. Wonder if they could give you fee extended warrantee or the like.
Good idea, no harm trying -- it IS after-all a brand new car

·
Registered
76 Posts
Good idea, no harm trying -- it IS after-all a brand new car
I emailed the dealership owner, the sales manager and my salesman saying they have 34 P8’s on their web page and I want one as a replacement straight up for my wounded one. No response. I think I’m going to show up there for a come to Jesus talk.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I emailed the dealership owner, the sales manager and my salesman saying they have 34 P8’s on their web page and I want one as a replacement straight up for my wounded one. No response. I think I’m going to show up there for a come to Jesus talk.
I hardly got any response PRE sales, and certainly couldn't get responses POST sales -- UNLESS YOU JUST SHOW UP and corner them !
Hope you're able to work something out with them !

Just last week, my "sales person" tried to dispute my ChargePoint credit AFTER it was part of the sale (moreover, it's NOT even coming out of the pocket!).... I had my Company attorney review the CPoint form and simply told them "According to my Attorney....blah blah...blah..." Response "Oh...our bad...we misread it..." SERIOUSLY ?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Good luck. Corner then. I got the 1000 in dee accessories. Or did I …

8 days since they last talked to me. I am told they will call me back in they never have ( honestly they never did)

On one of my many they ain’t picking up I needed at service who out me through to parts who have no idea anything has been ordered.

Opens vacuum sealed Bottle and screams into it.

Still at least my car works and I am getting accessories I am not desperately needing I just want them to do what they say.

·
Registered
541 Posts

8 days since they last talked to me. I am told they will call me back in they never have ( honestly they never did)

On one of my many they ain’t picking up I needed at service who out me through to parts who have no idea anything has been ordered.

Still at least my car works and I am getting accessories I am not desperately needing I just want them to do what they say.
Do these guys realize that the more they totally dismiss Customer Care in general or just a call-ball…they’re talking themselves out of a job Becasue it gives Corporate more reason to not having any physical offices ! Why have these physical locations when no one is calling back lot can be tracked down ??

·
Registered
76 Posts

Thanks for the support SeattleCat. I'm going camping for a couple of days and try to cool down. I am so pissed about this. The service guy I was texting with has shut me down. No full explanation of the diagnosis. No reply to questions about whether this may have affected other components. Time to put on my war paint. I spent my life writing for national newspapers and know a bit about confronting folks who fancy they have authority.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I am extra sorry it is service running you around. Our volvos service department is awesome :(

Enjoy the outsides of nature

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thanks for the support SeattleCat. I'm going camping for a couple of days and try to cool down. I am so pissed about this. The service guy I was texting with has shut me down. No full explanation of the diagnosis. No reply to questions about whether this may have affected other components. Time to put on my war paint. I spent my life writing for national newspapers and know a bit about confronting folks who fancy they have authority.
It’s very unfortunate that the whole experience should bring the best smiles out of us but instead, it’s bringing the worst - it gets to a point it’s simply hard to be “nice and polite” anymore when you’re continually dismissed or shut out - it becomes an insult actually.
Hhmmm I wonder what and how else to better tackle it strategically …and effective at the same time…..there needs to be some level of accountability ….hhmmm…

21 - 31 of 31 Posts