Volvo XC40 Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I did not realize they had stopped taking orders.
A shame they are so obsessed with 20s and there color selection if you are not ordering seems very limited. Wife(2) really wanted the red we got. :)

I think the 20s came with more expensive tires. 19s came with the continental pro contacts.
Yeah I wanted a Red on, I am in ATL, GA and closet red was 450 miles away and lacked heat pump since it was in FL. As it is there were only 2 blue, 1 was 170 miles away the other 150. I got the one 150 miles away and had it trucked to me. Dealers have no info on 22 models, they say chip shortage, but I also suspect some of it is working out the kinks of the P8 before building 22s since the T5 has info on the 22.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Grats on the car.

If we could not of ordered we would of gotten which ever P8 we could. We really wanted to get into EVs this year and the P8 fit us perfectly.

Cannot wait for the next gen as our second car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
When considering consumption, the 20 inch tires come standard with the Pirelli Scorpion Electric tire.

The SCORPION ZERO ALL SEASON ELECT by Pirelli is an Ultra-high performance tire made specifically for Electric vehicles. In contrast with the NON-ELECT version of the ZERO ALL SEASON, the ELECT features a different blend of compound which has been engineered to reduce rolling resistance as much as possible to increase battery life. It features an interesting asymmetrical tread pattern comprised of large circumferential grooves for efficient water evacuation, curved grooves and bridges that aim to reduce noise and improve comfort as well as curved sides for increased traction on dry and wet roads and even light snow. The SCORPION ZERO ALL SEASON ELECT's interior construction incorporates Pirelli's Noise Cancelling System (PNCS) which absorbs the sound produces by the tire and reduces noise significantly.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Grats on the car.

If we could not of ordered we would of gotten which ever P8 we could. We really wanted to get into EVs this year and the P8 fit us perfectly.

Cannot wait for the next gen as our second car.
Yeah I am not a fan of most of the colros for the P8, glacier silver looks white unless is it ovecast or parked next to a whilete car. I sold my Acura TLX in January and we were trying with 1 car for a while, but her dad is getting old so sudden changes in schedule forced me to look for a car sooner than later. I had a VW I.4. Her lease was up soon and she wanted a Volvo. She got spooked about range so went with Blue T5 and I kept gravitating back to the P8. I was determined to get an EV and actually ordered all the stuff to run the EVSE power before I even purchased. I have another post about me testing ID/4 and P8 back to back as the dealers are next to each other. The ID.4 was nice, but the P8 was nicer (obviously as the prices were close to $10K apart). The range is not a huge deal to me as on our busiest day recently we did 85 miles on her T5, clearly even in winter the P8 can do that here in ATL. The plan is in 3 years she sells her T5, takes the P8 and I get something like a Kia EV6.

·
Registered
289 Posts
When considering consumption, the 20 inch tires come standard with the Pirelli Scorpion Electric tire.

The SCORPION ZERO ALL SEASON ELECT by Pirelli is an Ultra-high performance tire made specifically for Electric vehicles. In contrast with the NON-ELECT version of the ZERO ALL SEASON, the ELECT features a different blend of compound which has been engineered to reduce rolling resistance as much as possible to increase battery life. It features an interesting asymmetrical tread pattern comprised of large circumferential grooves for efficient water evacuation, curved grooves and bridges that aim to reduce noise and improve comfort as well as curved sides for increased traction on dry and wet roads and even light snow. The SCORPION ZERO ALL SEASON ELECT's interior construction incorporates Pirelli's Noise Cancelling System (PNCS) which absorbs the sound produces by the tire and reduces noise significantly.
Curios how long these last being staggered and no rotation. I used to use DWS06 on my cars and was lucky to get 17K miles to 4/32. The weight of the P8 makes me curious as we are looking at probably around $1200 for set of tires and I never replace an axle without doing the other axle, although depending on how fast each axle wears out I may need to get over that.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Probably a function of how heavy your foot is.
With the 402 instant on power I imagine we could wear these out rather quickly.

Thankfully for my tires I have stopped strengthening my neck muscles by racing of the lights. It’s such a short period of time to the speed limit and the wives (and dog) hate it so I spend most of my time doing very gentle speed ups :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Curios how long these last being staggered and no rotation. I used to use DWS06 on my cars and was lucky to get 17K miles to 4/32. The weight of the P8 makes me curious as we are looking at probably around $1200 for set of tires and I never replace an axle without doing the other axle, although depending on how fast each axle wears out I may need to get over that.
Our old BMW i3 had a staggered non-rotatable setup with skinny tires. With all that torque (and regen) going only to the rears, we burned through the rears about every 20k miles, the fronts every 40k. Hopefully the AWD setup of the XC40 evens that out!

101 - 108 of 108 Posts