Volvo XC40 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Linking to a new thread that I just created as I had a major propulsion failure on our first long trip. Have any of you experienced this?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a 33 mile commute. In colder weather (30-50 degrees), each one way commute took me from 90 to 68%. That's with seat heaters on, heated steering wheel on, temp at 72F and cruise set at 75mph. 90% highway drive. Once the weather hit 70F, my one way commute took me from 90% to 76%. Same average speeds, but much less heater draw.

110v will keep a cold battery at it's current level and in warm ambient temps it will charge it but very slooooowly. Really not practical. Also make sure your charging current is set to the max of 48 amps to take full advantage of any level 2 charger you connect to.
yeah 75mph is like pushing a brick wall through the air with this car. Does you car have the heat pump?

·
Registered
250 Posts
But a very sexy brick!!!!!
Yes it is, in the age of curvy cars Volvo some how still makes a rounded brick look sexy. I am kicking myself for not getting the Blue P8 when I had the chance. I spent the last week searching high and low for a red or blue with no luck. There was one blue, but lacked Advanced and HK. The red was 500 miles away and lacked heat pump. I then looked for thunder Gray and found 2. I was able to get a decent deal on one of them and should be wrapping the deal up remotely in next 2 days then will have the car shipped to me. I almost did Glacier Silver, but it is too white for my tastes. I wish it had a bit more silvery blue in it then I would have grabbed it as that was local and the best price.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Volvo does not seem to of seeded the colors very well.

That said congrats on your new (coming) car. I might of driven to a further gym tonight just so I could drive my car for longer. Tomorrow I fill her back up on free electricity :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Volvo does not seem to of seeded the colors very well.

That said congrats on your new (coming) car. I might of driven to a further gym tonight just so I could drive my car for longer. Tomorrow I fill her back up on free electricity :)
Yeah these muted colors need work. The Glacier solve needs a little more pop. It looks good in all the winter videos with white snow around, but on its own it looks white. And there is no silver in it so odd name. Should be Glacier White Metallic as it has more white and blue than silver.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah these muted colors need work. The Glacier solve needs a little more pop. It looks good in all the winter videos with white snow around, but on its own it looks white. And there is no silver in it so odd name. Should be Glacier White Metallic as it has more white and blue than silver.
Totally agree on the "silver" -- not silver in my book. They may have well as left it off the selection chart -- looks like white to me. Go figure. Silver is usually my first choice in a car, but not this silver.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah when it is next to White, sill looks Ice colored more that Silver. I am narrowing my purchase down, had a Thunder Gray lined up, but just got a line on a Bursting Blue with better discounting

·
Registered
278 Posts
In terms of battery usage/range, thanks for the real-life feedback in terms of mixed roads speed combined with sensitivity to temperatures. Note to self: Sounds like the general rule-of-thumb is whatever the daily origin/destination is, just DOUBLE the battery usage as a quick and dirty math whenever the temperature drops below 50.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah when it is next to White, sill looks Ice colored more that Silver. I am narrowing my purchase down, had a Thunder Gray lined up, but just got a line on a Bursting Blue with better discounting
Where are you seeing discounts? None within hundreds of miles from me (DC/VA/MD).

·
Registered
250 Posts
June discount seems to be $2K for Costco members,I don’t see loyalty or affiliate incentives for June. Dealers in SE were also taking off at least $2k off as well.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Got a question about ABRP or any other route planners.

Is there a setting for round trip?
The specific problem is that if I plan a trip
To:: cascade national Parker

It will happily let me arrive there with 10% or what ever i set my destination charge to be. As there is no charger there or close I could get there but then I would be staying for ever …

Is there anyway to set an auto setting which says I want to have a enough charge when I get to place X that I can get to a charger for the return home.

If not i can of course start from my destination and pkay with the start charge until a valid path home is found but it would be nice if a program did this for me.

This of course is only an issue if your destination is devoid of charging.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, in ABRP you can either set the desired charge at the final destination (click the great next to the destination and set arrival SoC) or add a waypoint back to the start for a round trip (click add waypoint after destination).

·
Registered
278 Posts
Waypoint after destination. Superb that’s what I wanted. Thanks
Question - I’m only now introduced to ABRP because of this thread !
so I’d created an account, and plugged in potential route. Questions :
1) the icon with lightening sings - does 1 light means slow charger like 3kwh while 2 lights mean 50kwh and 3 is the supercharger at 150 kWh ?

2) is there a way to list or click on those lighting icon to see exactly where the location is and what kWh those chargers are ?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Must admit I have wondered what the grey lightning ones were. Sorry not a great help.

One big suggestion though. ABRP works way better on a iPad pro( and I assume iPad) than on a iPhone due to use of screen space. Usable on both but if you have the option fire it up on the bigger sometime.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Must admit I have wondered what the grey lightning ones were. Sorry not a great help.

One big suggestion though. ABRP works way better on a iPad pro( and I assume iPad) than on a iPhone due to use of screen space. Usable on both but if you have the option fire it up on the bigger sometime.
I actually did. When I entered the round trip back to “home base”, the lighting became “red” and on IPad, a table also showed to show SOC for round trip, and indicating the supercharger kWh but I can’t figure out what the color codes mean yet - looks like couple of CCS DC supercharger would work for P8....no clue on color codes yet.

it appears to be at super walmart, by Electrify America. Perhaps I can go to electrify America app to look at that location and interpret from there.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts