Volvo XC40 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Is there any sense for where these signet chargers would be deployed? IE, is EA still deploying them on a regular basis so essentially you never know when you'll run into one? Or were they deployed during a certain time frames?
OK, I after a little internet sleuthing I think I've figured it out. It appears the signet chargers are less common and are 150 KW max. The one that failed for me looks like this:

The RADOX HPC500's are more common, charge up to 350 KW and look like this:

For context, in South Jersey there are two EA stations within like 20 minutes, one bank in a Target, the other in a Walmart, and they have different types. So definitely check out plug share. I am going to try the other type to confirm this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Today I charged at home starting from 33%. I put on 156 miles during that 67% usage period, so the range should 150% of that for a full battery or 234 miles with mostly city driving. I used the climate control and played music most of the time, but it hasn't been very hot or cold around here during that time frame, so that was relatively minimal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
UK has a few charger problems - The advice I was given "Charge when you can, Not when you need" Wish I could speak with more confidence but due to a broken wrist I cant drive mine. I normally do long drives for work around 300 miles per day. So it could be interesting :) Last run of 154 miles, 50% motorway.50% single carriage way took 33.7kwh/100miles.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
44 Posts
Is there any sense for where these signet chargers would be deployed? IE, is EA still deploying them on a regular basis so essentially you never know when you'll run into one? Or were they deployed during a certain time frames?
Some positive news. Electrify America will provide any XC40 BEV customer with guidance as to where compatible chargers are located until this issue is corrected in June. Just call their customer help desk at 833-632-2778 and they will assist you in finding a compatible charging location. They are open 24-7. Hope this helps.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts