365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior
Steering part Plant Car Gadget Motor vehicle

I'm confused here since in the upper photo the estimated range shows 250 but I have a amber verticle line going up halfway even though my 3 energy use dials all show blue, none are amber and it has been displaying that much amber for the past week or two ever since I updated to 2.1 OTA, This has been like this after a short trip as shown in the 2nd photo with a good avg 22.9 kWh/100km and indicated the same thing after two 50km drives.

I'm now wondering if this is just a indication fault even though I've rebooted both modem and IHU or is this trying to tell me something such as battery imbalance which I just finished reading about: https://getelectricvehicle.com/cell-balancing-electric-vehicle-batteries/

I just returned home from a 100 km round trip and plugged in to recharge to 80% but if this amber line stays there much longer I'm going to charge to 100% which I haven't done since Christmas and see if this solves my amber line indication, which would mean that my battery required rebalancing I believe?

Sorry about the duplication of pics, not sure what caused this and couldn't edit them out.

·
Registered
2022 Late XC40 Twin, 2017 BRZ
872 Posts
Speed and Driving style are both basically real-time measurements, so it may not be able to calculate an estimate unless the car is being driven.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Speed and Driving style are both basically real-time measurements, so it may not be able to calculate an estimate unless the car is being driven.
True, but it has been that same amber line in estimated range for past week or two regardless of the way I drive? I also read today where someone mentioned we should charge the main battery to 100% at least once every 3 months.

·
Registered
2022 Late XC40 Twin, 2017 BRZ
872 Posts
True, but it has been that same amber line in estimated range for past week or two regardless of the way I drive? I also read today where someone mentioned we should charge the main battery to 100% at least once every 3 months.
So it doesn't change at all while you're driving?

·
Registered
XC40 Recharge Twin
168 Posts
In the other thread for "Range Assistant Question" I have also noted that since 2.1 the bar only stays organ. Before it would be mostly blue and sometimes orange.

That other thread has some good info on what the min and max range is based on (basically 50kph max range and 130kph min range).

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
812 Posts
Yep, ours has been orange since 2.1...so yeah, not sure what the deal is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I’m finally starting to get the occasional blue bar (post 2.1)… I’ve owned since 1.8 in February and it’s been orange the whole time. We put a lot of highway miles on the car and it’s only recently been over 20 C here.
To me it always seems to indicate if I’m getting advertised range or not. Given it’s been cooler here until recently and I drive highway it makes sense I wouldn’t get blue…

1 - 10 of 10 Posts