Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VOC (with its limited uses) has always worked for me. Then I bought a new phone and it wouldn’t pair. Solution: delete the app from the old phone.
This one courtesy of my 9-year-old grandson who loves the P8: if you look to your right from where you are in the driver’s seat to the left hand side of the passenger seat you will see a tiny reproduction of the Swedish flag. Awesome touch. Ja Volt.

·
Registered
57 Posts
VOC (with its limited uses) has always worked for me. Then I bought a new phone and it wouldn’t pair. Solution: delete the app from the old phone.
This one courtesy of my 9-year-old grandson who loves the P8: if you look to your right from where you are in the driver’s seat to the left hand side of the passenger seat you will see a tiny reproduction of the Swedish flag. Awesome touch. Ja Volt.
I don't see the flag. Is it on left side of the passenger dashboard?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Deleting the app from the phone does not always remove the pairing. I did it a while ago and the pairing remained alas the re installed app cannot pair :)

Basically at this point there is no magic path for voc. Solutions for one might work for others but often does not :(

For now it is not meant to work. Now that flag however I cannot wait to see if I can see it :) nice find.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
I learned something new about my P8. If you press and hold the pressure-sensitive indentation on the door handle it will not only lock the doors but also close all the windows. I knew the lock button on the key fob did this, but I didn’t know about the door handle.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I learned something new about my P8. If you press and hold the pressure-sensitive indentation on the door handle it will not only lock the doors but also close all the windows. I knew the lock button on the key fob did this, but I didn’t know about the door handle.
Rust is rather awesome. Nice find

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m on vacation and won’t have access to my P8 for a week, but does holding the unlock button on the keyfob open all the windows (and possibly the sunroof)?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Has anyone reliably mastered their sunroof so they can make it lift up for air flow but keep the curtain in place? Be handy In the heat.

Also opening an inch and keeping curtain in place would also be nice.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I’m on vacation and won’t have access to my P8 for a week, but does holding the unlock button on the keyfob open all the windows (and possibly the sunroof)?
Yes just the windows - and holding the lock button locks and then closes the windows.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Thunder Grey
47 Posts
Has anyone reliably mastered their sunroof so they can make it lift up for air flow but keep the curtain in place? Be handy In the heat.

Also opening an inch and keeping curtain in place would also be nice.
I agree this would be handy but I haven’t been able to do it yet. A light tap lifts it up but also slides the shade back a few inches.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I kind a love and hate having the two controls in the same space with similar gestures. I need to sit there and twiddle for a while to work out which does which OR has someone got a good idiots guide to mastering opening the window and the curtain.

Is it a good or bad thing that we need a guide to open a window and a curtain …. Or does it mean something less wonderful about myself :p

Reactions: hetz8500

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is it a good or bad thing that we need a guide to open a window and a curtain …. Or does it mean something less wonderful about myself :p
Whoever on their design team that thought that touch gestures from their iPhone would be great for a panoramic roof control ought to be sent back to design school. The control is not intuitive at all and makes no sense in this context. Here’s what the manual says:

Open and close by pressing once anywhere on the touch-sensitive control.
When ventilation mode is selected, the rear edge of the front section of the roof is raised. If the sun curtain is fully closed when ventilation position is selected, it will automatically open approx. 50 mm(approx. 2 inches).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts