Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks---
Went in today for the latest software update at the dealer. During the discussion, they told me they are now selling the Polestar 2. They told me Polestar 2 is based on the PS8 platform and that original Polestar was not fully electric. Please correct me if I am wrong however, didn't I read on here that our cars were based on the original Polestar??

FYI...the Polestar 2 I looked at very quickly looked just OK... it was gray in color and it has been a rainy day...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hard to keep track of the acronym soup -

Volvo Scalable Product Architecture platform - Wikipedia (SPA)
Volvo's existing full-size platform - first used in 2014 XC90, also used for XC60, S60/90, V60/90, and Polestar 1.

Compact Modular Architecture platform - Wikipedia (CMA)
A version of SPA for smaller vehicles - first introduced with XC40 (both ICE and EV), also used in C40 and Polestar 2.

Scalable Platform Architecture, gen 2 (SPA2)
Volvo's next-gen full-size platform - upcoming XC90 EV, future XC60, Polestar 3, etc. Lots of tech/computing upgrades from current SPA, including Nvidia processors for AI and Level 4 autonomy:
Your future Volvo will burst with computing power | Volvo Car Group (volvocars.com)

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Polestar 1 is (soon to be was, as it’s production winds down) a plug-in hybrid, if that’s what you mean. It’s structural cousin is the S90, with some s60 bits thrown in.
XC40 is like a sibling of the Polestar 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts