Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm located in Southern Ontario and the wife and I are looking to purchase a XC40. We're considering buying both new and CPO. It really comes down to the features available.

The vehicle must include:

• R Design Trim
  • Thunder Grey Paint
  • Climate Package
  • Advanced Package
  • Park Assist Pilot w/ Park Assist Front & Rear

When I build it on their site, the total price (including tax, freight and PDI) is close to $62,000--but of course--this is just the sticker price. I'm looking for any tips or feedback on the buying process that can help me knock a few bucks off the price tag.

Please let me know about how your buying experience went, and how you reached your OTD price, and what it was!

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!

I'm located in Southern Ontario and the wife and I are looking to purchase a XC40. We're considering buying both new and CPO. It really comes down to the features available.

The vehicle must include:

• R Design Trim
  • Thunder Grey Paint
  • Climate Package
  • Advanced Package
  • Park Assist Pilot w/ Park Assist Front & Rear

When I build it on their site, the total price (including tax, freight and PDI) is close to $62,000--but of course--this is just the sticker price. I'm looking for any tips or feedback on the buying process that can help me knock a few bucks off the price tag.

Please let me know about how your buying experience went, and how you reached your OTD price, and what it was!

Thanks,
Matt
I went to 2 dealers in Peel area in Dec 2020. 1 was an Audi dealership where they had a black XC40 R-design for 36k and 1 was a Volvo dealer ship where they had a red CPO XC40 R-design for 42k. They were both 2019 series and had basically all the packages. For some reasons, these 2 cars sat in their floor for about a month cause these should have gone within 2 weeks due to their prices and options/combinations.

I went home with the CPO after bought got me their best quote, and the CPO only cost me 2k taxed more with 15,000km less. Cause I tried to make the Volvo dealership match the price of the Audi. And basically I paid the price difference for the CPO plus warranty for another 4 yrs, lower interest rate, insurance, and mileage.

The mistakes of the Audi dealer was that they never posted photos on there Autotrader postings. So if when you took the filter for the "only show postings with photos" off, only then you could see their post. And it sat there for more than a month! I got lucky tbh. Maybe you should see if this trick works for you as well. After I left they (Audi) posted the photos on Autotrader and the car was sold 2 days later.

Been only driven my XC40 for more than a month now but totally in love with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to 2 dealers in Peel area in Dec 2020. 1 was an Audi dealership where they had a black XC40 R-design for 36k and 1 was a Volvo dealer ship where they had a red CPO XC40 R-design for 42k. They were both 2019 series and had basically all the packages. For some reasons, these 2 cars sat in their floor for about a month cause these should have gone within 2 weeks due to their prices and options/combinations.

I went home with the CPO after bought got me their best quote, and the CPO only cost me 2k taxed more with 15,000km less. Cause I tried to make the Volvo dealership match the price of the Audi. And basically I paid the price difference for the CPO plus warranty for another 4 yrs, lower interest rate, insurance, and mileage.

The mistakes of the Audi dealer was that they never posted photos on there Autotrader postings. So if when you took the filter for the "only show postings with photos" off, only then you could see their post. And it sat there for more than a month! I got lucky tbh. Maybe you should see if this trick works for you as well. After I left they (Audi) posted the photos on Autotrader and the car was sold 2 days later.

Been only driven my XC40 for more than a month now but totally in love with it.
Awesome! Congrats on the purchase. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I think I remember seeing the black XC40 at the Audi dealership. I've been keeping my eye on the listings just to get a better understanding of the market value. It sounds like you got a wicked deal on yours. How many km's on it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got it when it had 30,500 km on it! This picture was taken after I applied the OptiCoat Pro plus on it! Also it's on the winter wheels (old Volvo style) now cause I didn't feel like spending 3k for the winter rims package.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts