Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 XC40 T5 Momentum. Purchased new in February 2020. 5,500 miles. Sensus Connect Touchscreen Center Display.
Upon unlocking and entering the vehicle, a loud pulsating and ryhthmetic buzzing came from the audio sound system. Media would not work. Phone would not connect. Could control buzzing sound with volume control. Vehicle would start, but blinkers and rear Back-Up sensors would not function. Turned vehicle Off-On three times. Everything returned to normal. No error codes emitted. Called Dealer. No help. Never heard of this happening. Any ideas?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,
I recommend alway give sometime to the system to upload. Volvo Sensus system main controll. Mean need to get the a/c , Nav, safety features, etc.....
if you in rust, remote start it to the system get ready for you and no delay.( maybe this help)
Give a around 60 sec. Alway it is good to your car get ready before you drive it. Mean oil temp, computer check. Depend on weather cool or hot.
If you don’t feel safe to drive it bring it to the dealer with the problem and they will take care. Remember all the services advancer or sale person don’t drive the same car as you so they may not understand you.
I hope you and your vehicle understand each other.
Best wishes,
Happy 4 of July 🇺🇸

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply.
The pulsating buzzing sound started immediately after opening the locked driver's side door. Before entering the car or starting the car. The pulsating noise came through the sound system. Able to start the vehicle, however, touch screen, blinkers, backup camera, parking sensors, phone would not work.
Owned Volvo's past 30 years. First problem I have never been able to identify or correct.

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
34 Posts
Thank you for your reply.
The pulsating buzzing sound started immediately after opening the locked driver's side door. Before entering the car or starting the car. The pulsating noise came through the sound system. Able to start the vehicle, however, touch screen, blinkers, backup camera, parking sensors, phone would not work.
Owned Volvo's past 30 years. First problem I have never been able to identify or correct.
mine did this once when i first bought the car. I also have a 2020. Everything worked but the buzzing was relayed on top of the music. the fix was i pulled over and shut the car off and opened the door and waited a few seconds and turned the car on again and it was gone and never came back as of yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts