Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to leave the house and this appeared on the driver display screen. We locked the door and waited for 30 minutes, and luckily it went away. Called the Volvo support, he suggested to bring the car right away to the dealer. I guess it fixed by itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
360 Posts
Hmm, odd!

Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
343 Posts
Ahhh... Typical Volvo. Bring it to the dealership. They will see what error comes up. If you have massage there will be a stored error code even if it goes away. Volvo codes works like - For example - Oh, I see the voltage that supply the main contactor fluctuates 4% consistently. Error code pop. Check with the dealership. Praise the lack of check engine light God on these cars. Volvo normally has very narrow tolerances.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks XC90_Dinosaur, we have an appointment in 2 weeks for the VC apps not working. I will ask them about this error message too. (y) :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
i had a similar post about this a month ago. My car had the same message but in my case didn’t go away. I called the dealer and they told me not to worry about it and they are too busy to look at it and made an appointment for 3 weeks in the future. I told them how serious this alert sounded and the service rep literally told me “tough luck”. I then emailed corporate and they told arranged for a different dealer to take a look at it in asap. It’s now been at the service center for 3 weeks and counting. They have no idea how to fix it. They tried reboots and software updates, now they are replacing the battery. The car has been in the shop with issues for well over a month cumulatively, so I’m going to get a lemon law lawyer to get rid of it. Very disappointed with Volvo, I’ll be driving my spare ICE car until my Ioniq 5 comes in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You do not need an attorney to demand a buyback. Tell VC you have met the threshold of your state’s lemon law and you are starting the process with them before contacting your state’s AG office. VC may offer you incentives to keep the vehicle but they do not have the option to refuse a buyback.

·
Registered
343 Posts
i had a similar post about this a month ago. My car had the same message but in my case didn’t go away. I called the dealer and they told me not to worry about it and they are too busy to look at it and made an appointment for 3 weeks in the future. I told them how serious this alert sounded and the service rep literally told me “tough luck”. I then emailed corporate and they told arranged for a different dealer to take a look at it in asap. It’s now been at the service center for 3 weeks and counting. They have no idea how to fix it. They tried reboots and software updates, now they are replacing the battery. The car has been in the shop with issues for well over a month cumulatively, so I’m going to get a lemon law lawyer to get rid of it. Very disappointed with Volvo, I’ll be driving my spare ICE car until my Ioniq 5 comes in.
I red your posts. Too bad dealership felt so incompetent. I wish we had some kind of inside of what it is and how they conclude it is the battery. Good luck and sorry for the experience you are having. Please come back if you learn something more.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's really disappointing to hear how the dealer kind'a brushed your issue right away, and sorry that you are still having to deal with it. I guess we got lucky our same issue of the propulsion problem went away but our worry is still in the back of our head. Please keep us posted, thank you and good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's really disappointing to hear how the dealer kind'a brushed your issue right away, and sorry that you are still having to deal with it. I guess we got lucky our same issue of the propulsion problem went away but our worry is still in the back of our head. Please keep us posted, thank you and good luck.
Got my car back after 32 days. Apparently it had some fault battery cells that had to get replaces. No apologies, no explanation. Now the car's google assist doesn't connect. Its very dissappointing. Have a lemon law lawyer to get rid of it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Got my car back after 32 days. Apparently it had some fault battery cells that had to get replaces. No apologies, no explanation. Now the car's google assist doesn't connect. Its very dissappointing. Have a lemon law lawyer to get rid of it.
Get rid of it. It is not the car. It is the terrible costumer service and complete ignorance of WTF is going on. You deserve better for your money.
Volvo diagnostic will show each battery bank and it is easy to determine bad or good. The code will be specific about the battery back. No idea how to fix it? That is unbelievable... Sounds like bunch of lazy [email protected]#ks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear the bad news, Hope the lawyer will get you a new replacement car. Good luck.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yep, I agree 100% to lemon law that thing. What do you think you’ll get? Would you get an XC 40 recharge again or will you walk away completely?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
As someone that is done with one of my Recharge’s get the lemon law moving. Get all your documentation together and find a lawyer. Lemon law lawyers will review your case and if they feel you have one, they will take it at no cost to you as they get paid by the auto maker. Research your state’s lemon law thresholds. Most states will be 30 days out of service as a trigger.

Some things to keep in mind. If you want another one you will likely wait. If they buy it back and you buy another you will wind up potentially with 2 tax credits, one from 21 then one in 22 when you get your replacement. If they swap it you can keep you current loan and the bank will update the lien. If you are done with Volvo then have them buy it back. Also most lemon laws will have a formula for mileage that will be deducted from a buyback.

If you want another Volvo talk to service manager and have him get Volvo rep involved and talk to that rep and explain you need their help and you want another car and see if they will help without invoking the lemon law as it save them the costs and then they don’t have to rage the car as a lemon law buyback. Read the rusting brake thread to see where I am at.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yep, I agree 100% to lemon law that thing. What do you think you’ll get? Would you get an XC 40 recharge again or will you walk away completely?
Car is back in the shop. Interior flooded after it rained (see separate thread). Clearly there is some defect on some sealing or placement.

As for the car, As much as my wife loves driving the car (technically it’s her car), she is pretty vindictive and will probably never own a Volvo again. Now way we can go back to an ICE after this, so we will see. I go back and forth on the Model Y, checks most of the boxes then I read a Musk tweet and vomit in my mouth and remind myself why I hate the guy. Might just hold off until the EV6 and Ioniq 5 come out next year, or just settle on an ID4 base model for now for her. She will unload it on me in a few years when she gets a fancier larger suv-ish EV that will inevitably come out in a few years (Polestar 3 perhaps?)

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Car is back in the shop. Interior flooded after it rained (see separate thread). Clearly there is some defect on some sealing or placement.

As for the car, As much as my wife loves driving the car (technically it’s her car), she is pretty vindictive and will probably never own a Volvo again. Now way we can go back to an ICE after this, so we will see. I go back and forth on the Model Y, checks most of the boxes then I read a Musk tweet and vomit in my mouth and remind myself why I hate the guy. Might just hold off until the EV6 and Ioniq 5 come out next year, or just settle on an ID4 base model for now for her. She will unload it on me in a few years when she gets a fancier larger suv-ish EV that will inevitably come out in a few years (Polestar 3 perhaps?)
If she is vindictive about Volvo wait until she has issues with Tesla QA. The VW is a nice car, hoping the Audi version (Q4) drops in early January as it makes up for most of the VW version short comings other than the cheapo capacitive button on the steering wheel. I have a mixed opinion of Musk, he is a selfish d$ck but you have to give him some credit as without him the EV market would never be where it is, at least in the states.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts