Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to leave the house and this appeared on the driver display screen. We locked the door and waited for 30 minutes, and luckily it went away. Called the Volvo support, he suggested to bring the car right away to the dealer. I guess it fixed by itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
201 Posts
Ahhh... Typical Volvo. Bring it to the dealership. They will see what error comes up. If you have massage there will be a stored error code even if it goes away. Volvo codes works like - For example - Oh, I see the voltage that supply the main contactor fluctuates 4% consistently. Error code pop. Check with the dealership. Praise the lack of check engine light God on these cars. Volvo normally has very narrow tolerances.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks XC90_Dinosaur, we have an appointment in 2 weeks for the VC apps not working. I will ask them about this error message too. (y) :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had a similar post about this a month ago. My car had the same message but in my case didn’t go away. I called the dealer and they told me not to worry about it and they are too busy to look at it and made an appointment for 3 weeks in the future. I told them how serious this alert sounded and the service rep literally told me “tough luck”. I then emailed corporate and they told arranged for a different dealer to take a look at it in asap. It’s now been at the service center for 3 weeks and counting. They have no idea how to fix it. They tried reboots and software updates, now they are replacing the battery. The car has been in the shop with issues for well over a month cumulatively, so I’m going to get a lemon law lawyer to get rid of it. Very disappointed with Volvo, I’ll be driving my spare ICE car until my Ioniq 5 comes in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You do not need an attorney to demand a buyback. Tell VC you have met the threshold of your state’s lemon law and you are starting the process with them before contacting your state’s AG office. VC may offer you incentives to keep the vehicle but they do not have the option to refuse a buyback.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
201 Posts
i had a similar post about this a month ago. My car had the same message but in my case didn’t go away. I called the dealer and they told me not to worry about it and they are too busy to look at it and made an appointment for 3 weeks in the future. I told them how serious this alert sounded and the service rep literally told me “tough luck”. I then emailed corporate and they told arranged for a different dealer to take a look at it in asap. It’s now been at the service center for 3 weeks and counting. They have no idea how to fix it. They tried reboots and software updates, now they are replacing the battery. The car has been in the shop with issues for well over a month cumulatively, so I’m going to get a lemon law lawyer to get rid of it. Very disappointed with Volvo, I’ll be driving my spare ICE car until my Ioniq 5 comes in.
I red your posts. Too bad dealership felt so incompetent. I wish we had some kind of inside of what it is and how they conclude it is the battery. Good luck and sorry for the experience you are having. Please come back if you learn something more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's really disappointing to hear how the dealer kind'a brushed your issue right away, and sorry that you are still having to deal with it. I guess we got lucky our same issue of the propulsion problem went away but our worry is still in the back of our head. Please keep us posted, thank you and good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts