Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Profiles - auto select?

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  DeaneG 
#1 ·
Wondering if I’m missing something — we’ve only had our XC40 for a week, so maybe missing something. All three keys are set up with separate profiles, but when one person gets into the car with their key, the profile doesn’t automatically change. Any suggestions as to what we should do differently? I didn’t think we’d need to do anything once paired between key and profile….

#2 ·
I think whomever unlocks the door is whose profile is used. So for instance you unlock the car door in the morning and go for a drive and come home, park but leave car unlocked. Now your wife gets in and drives it will still be your profile. If she locks then unlocks with her key it will be hers.... to the best of my experience ;)

#9 ·
Yeah, I know about swiping down, just trying to make it automated on approach/entry. Sounds like you have to actively lock/unlock the doors to make that happen. I will give it a go and see if it works with the door handle unlock or if you need to use the remote to make it happen.

#11 ·
I wish and hope Volvo will fix this. Every car I have owned the person opening the drivers door with a key on them the seats will move to the memory seats to that key position. Volvo sees to separate the memory seats and profile seat positions from each other. Also as others have said the car has to be locked for the person/key entering will set the profile to what is linked to that key and move the seats/mirror to where they last were at for that profile regardless of the me let setring position on the door.

Desired action should be whichever key opens the drivers door (regardless if locked or not) the profile should for that key should be enabled.

I never lock my car in my garage and if my wife was last driver and I get in the steering wheels in in my chest and I can barely get in. I then have to change the profile via IHU because if I use the men,Roy seat button it will remember that seating next time she get in and set her profile. Would love to understand the Swedes logic behind this.

Reactions: Ces
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.