Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea how many XC40 P8s Volvo has produced so far? They are finally hitting our shores here in Australia (though not into customer’s hands yet)...I was surprised to see a dealer in Illinois seemed to have about 25 of them for sale at the moment! I think the first allocation to Australia is 120 cars...not sure whether that’s a year’s worth or a month’s worth LOL! :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Does anyone have any idea how many XC40 P8s Volvo has produced so far? They are finally hitting our shores here in Australia (though not into customer’s hands yet)...I was surprised to see a dealer in Illinois seemed to have about 25 of them for sale at the moment! I think the first allocation to Australia is 120 cars...not sure whether that’s a year’s worth or a month’s worth LOL! :)
Do you mean 2022 models P8s? I think dealers here in the US still have just 2021 models (if any).

·
Registered
95 Posts
Looking at dealer inventories here in Southern California, most of them only have 5 or 6 in stock now. Interestingly, they are all either white or black. The P8 colors seem very popular.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you mean 2022 models P8s? I think dealers here in the US still have just 2021 models (if any).
I meant how many pure electric XC40s Volvo produced since the start of production (regardless of model year)...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I live in West Australia and been notified I can have a test drive after the 31st Aug and delivery after Sept 25th, originally ordered Sage green but told I would have to wake till January for that colour so switched to white.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in West Australia and been notified I can have a test drive after the 31st Aug and delivery after Sept 25th, originally ordered Sage green but told I would have to wake till January for that colour so switched to white.
Great to see another Australian here! Good luck and hope things go to plan. Not sure what’s happening in VIC and NSW at the moment as things are probably messed up due to COVID lockdowns. Keep us posted on any new news!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great to see another Australian here! Good luck and hope things go to plan. Not sure what’s happening in VIC and NSW at the moment as things are probably messed up due to COVID lockdowns. Keep us posted on any new news!
Talking to my dealer here his understanding is that there is basically no sales going on in NSW and Vic due to the lockdowns. What I have noticed with their new sales model there seems to be mis-communication between Volvo Australia and the dealers and took a few phone calls to both of them to sort it out with me as piggy in the middle. I now have a stock number to prove it exists.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Talking to my dealer here his understanding is that there is basically no sales going on in NSW and Vic due to the lockdowns. What I have noticed with their new sales model there seems to be mis-communication between Volvo Australia and the dealers and took a few phone calls to both of them to sort it out with me as piggy in the middle. I now have a stock number to prove it exists.
Good you got it sorted. I rang my dealer in VIC last week and he said my car has been allocated and supposedly has “cleared customs” in Sydney, but he seemed to think nothing would happen until the lockdowns ease. Here’s hoping!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Apparently the first allocation of Recharge Twins has been sold out in Australia, and new orders placed now will have to wait until March or April 2022! Glad we got in early. I heard that a dealer in Brisbane has taken 200-300 orders already...wonder how many we’ll see on the roads? Exciting times! We should be taking delivery on Thursday.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Picked mine today in Perth and did a 2 hour drive home in the country

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good you got it sorted. I rang my dealer in VIC last week and he said my car has been allocated and supposedly has “cleared customs” in Sydney, but he seemed to think nothing would happen until the lockdowns ease. Here’s hoping!
Picked mine up today, the hand over took almost an hour and half of setting up accounts etc, and the volvo app on the phone was abit flaky as well but working now. Google struggled to connect a bit but seems to be better, think they use optus and I am in the country

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Curios if the 22s have any of the same quirks we have seen in the 21s and if our non-US friends have seen any of them;

• brakes sticking
  • IHU blobs, unresponsiveness, etc.
  • HVAC No A/C

·
Registered
105 Posts
Curios if the 22s have any of the same quirks we have seen in the 21s and if our non-US friends have seen any of them;

• brakes sticking
  • IHU blobs, unresponsiveness, etc.
  • HVAC No A/C
Fingers crossed picked it up and drove it 2 hours into the country with no dramas, power consumption was a bit higher then I expected, 24 kwh/100km at about 80 kph average speed.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Does seem low. What were the temps outside? Was HVA working hard? Even at that speed I would expect a bit better range. I will say that I have no evidence for this but afer a few weeks and a feww miles I did notice the efficiency get a little better. Not sure what would or could have a break-in period on an EV compared to a ICE car, but sure seemed like that to me.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Does seem low. What were the temps outside? Was HVA working hard? Even at that speed I would expect a bit better range. I will say that I have no evidence for this but afer a few weeks and a feww miles I did notice the efficiency get a little better. Not sure what would or could have a break-in period on an EV compared to a ICE car, but sure seemed like that to me.
Did you break in the car or did the car break you in …

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I know for me I did not stop playing with the acceleration for the first … wait I got it in may and its … okay I am still playing with the accelerator more than I will one day. . .

Great neck exercise :)

Honestly I do not actually care about it’s efficiency. It is so cheap to charge (even in public) and so much fun to play with …. I have yet to do an ABRP 55mph section :p that will be fun one day :)

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I have spent $3.50 in power for just over 1800 miles, but I still try and get best efficiency I can. More like a game to see what I can get.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts