Volvo XC40 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Following what I actually wanted this to be which is a thread of other company news both good and bad.

Only bad seems to be availability. Some nice sideways insight into software problems other companies have.

Cheers

·
Registered
381 Posts
Following what I actually wanted this to be which is a thread of other company news both good and bad.

Only bad seems to be availability. Some nice sideways insight into software problems other companies have.

Cheers
You certainly fooled us that your intent was a thread about both good and bad with other EVs. I’d suggest changing the thread title to reflect that if it truly was your intent.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
The goal was to be informed about other evs not being perfect. Somewhere to put articles on evs as almost no article is only about how good an ev is. So pretty every article has some “problems”.

The articles above had the lack of availability which is a problem :)

Also problems with other evs gives us insight into what can and cannot be fixed in ours easily. Or how fast or slow it could be fixed etc.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The goal was to be informed about other evs not being perfect. Somewhere to put articles on evs as almost no article is only about how good an ev is. So pretty every article has some “problems”.

The articles above had the lack of availability which is a problem :)

Also problems with other evs gives us insight into what can and cannot be fixed in ours easily. Or how fast or slow it could be fixed etc.
So now you’ve moved the goalpost back to where it was. You need to go take a spin and do some swooshing to clear your head.

·
Registered
175 Posts

Cheers
There is no CarPlay nor Android Auto support in Rivian right now.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
537 Posts
Functionality and reliability of the infotainment systems always should be put through the 6yo test. If grade one student can figure it out the system is excellent. How this test looks like on XC40 Android:
  • Hey Google... Play my favorite song of Iron Maiden (don't ask. My little one loves Iron Maiden. His favorite song is Aces high.)
  • Ok, playing the best of Iron Maiden.
  • Hey Google, this is not my favorite song of Iron Maiden.
  • Hey Google, I want my Iron Maiden favorite song.
  • Ok, playing Iron Maiden songs.
-.... What. Daddy Google doesn't know my favorite Iron Maiden song.
- Hey Google you are stupid.
-...I am sorry I don't understand.
- I said you are stupid.
This where test ended as I couldn't take it anymore.
Do this with any other infotainment? It is only on Volvo 😁

·
Registered
2022 Late XC40 Twin, 2017 BRZ
954 Posts
Ouch, Hummer EV produces more CO2 than a gas-powered sedan.
Not sure is a manufacturing or quality problem but still painful.
That will depend on a lot on how clean the local grid is: Beyond Tailpipe Emissions

Also that's a MASSIVE battery pack, which generates a tremendous carbon footprint right from the start. I guess it's theoretically cleaner than a top-of-the-line Sierra or something, but that's IF and ONLY IF you're putting a lot of miles on it. Buying a monstrosity like that and then only using it occasionally would be incredibly wasteful.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge Plus w/Climate and 20" Wheels V1.8 OTA (Stone Black)
46 Posts
I wish Volvo would've kept the chip for my rear hatch - the only way I can trigger it is when the cord goes under by accident when I'm plugging in.

·
Registered
2022 Late XC40 Twin, 2017 BRZ
954 Posts
I wish Volvo would've kept the chip for my rear hatch - the only way I can trigger it is when the cord goes under by accident when I'm plugging in.
It should only trigger if it detects a key behind the vehicle. So if you find it's getting triggered often by the charging cable, you can try making sure you don't have a key in your pocket when you hook it up.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
183 Posts

It’s only a few fires.
Then there were these: Jaguar I-Pace catches on fire again – is this another Bolt EV battery fire situation?
Trouble is, every time there’s a problem, it makes the news. I think we’ve seen two or three active truck fires over the past three years driving down the Island highway. They make the news when they hold up traffic…

81 - 100 of 105 Posts