Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
If they can't sell any Mach-E until there is a fix, will Ford get another quarter before tax credit phase out?
It’s not based on time just in number sold so …. Depends on how many they have sold and how quickly they sell a lot more.

·
Registered
277 Posts
It’s not based on time just in number sold so …. Depends on how many they have sold and how quickly they sell a lot more.
They are on pace to hit their 200k in June or July this year. If there is no fix until we and a stop sale until then maybe they will not hit it until q4. If that's the case there will be considerable rejoicing in the F150 lightning forums (and probably mme forums as well). Just have to keep the sales numbers of transit EV and escape phev low enough...

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
200k halves the bonus does it not then another number halves it again. Then maybe once more then gone

·
Registered
310 Posts
That’s the risk of being an early adopter of technologies.
That Mach-E issue makes the XC40 reported issues not that bad to deal with actually.
I disagree. Ford has taken a consumer friendly pro active approach. They have resolved the 12 volt battery issue and this problem only occurs with DC fast charging and extreme acceleration.

Looking at the Mach E forums, they are not filled with power failure/battery failure and dead as doornail posts.

Ford corporate responds and communicates with the consumer. And, they did not issue a recall where no service dealer has the parts,

More than 5,300 units of the all-electric Volvo XC40 Recharge produced between 8 September 2020 and 13 August 2021 are being recalled in the US. Water could enter a wiring harness, cause corrosion in the accelerator pedal's internal circuitry and distort signals from the pedal

Try reaching Volvo corporate.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I disagree. Ford has taken a consumer friendly pro active approach. They have resolved the 12 volt battery issue and this problem only occurs with DC fast charging and extreme acceleration.

Looking at the Mach E forums, they are not filled with power failure/battery failure and dead as doornail posts.

Ford corporate responds and communicates with the consumer. And, they did not issue a recall where no service dealer has the parts,

More than 5,300 units of the all-electric Volvo XC40 Recharge produced between 8 September 2020 and 13 August 2021 are being recalled in the US. Water could enter a wiring harness, cause corrosion in the accelerator pedal's internal circuitry and distort signals from the pedal

Try reaching Volvo corporate.
1% of that 5300 vehicles has the actual problem. It takes minutes to tell if your is one of them.

Ford also has a recall with no parts available and a stop sale. Grass doesn’t sound much greener to me.

·
Registered
2022 Late XC40 Twin, 2017 BRZ
899 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Late XC40 Twin, 2017 BRZ
899 Posts
NHTSA reporting on ADS and Level 2 ADS crashes:

Nothing for Volvo. Which I guess is good, since the reporting is mandatory.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Looks like spending over $125K does not protect you from an OTA update issues bringing their cars

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I am betting Ford realized 90% of the owners drive mild and don’t need beefy tires so that took the extra range instead of a better handling larger tire.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I love the fact our tires can soak up all of our acceleration from the lights without loosing traction no matter how fast one slams the pedal.

My neck muscles have gotten stronger :)

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
983 Posts
41 - 60 of 87 Posts