Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These past couple of days I have been unable to disconnect the charging cable using the button beside the charging port on the car. I have to go to the info console and select “unlock cable” then it works
Anyone have any ideas on why this has suddenly happened?

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
219 Posts
I had kind of experience yesterday. Charging was done and I couldn't disconnect without the key. Anyway for second time a got 78% SOC with 80% set last evening. This morning I saw 81%. Car unplugged since last evening. I have to check the manual and eventually send email to Volvo.
Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Steering part

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
236 Posts
I tried unplugging the cable the other day while the car was locked (the car had finished charging). I pushed the button and it went thru some colour flashes on the LED next to the charge port (including some red flashes) and ended up green. I assumed maybe car had to be unlocked...didn’t have my key with me, but did have phone...was able to unlock car with phone app (miracle!) and then using button by charger worked to unlock cable. I hadn’t thought about it in the past but I assume maybe the cable remains locked in place while the car is locked so you don’t get somebody randomly unplugging your car at a charger just to be a d**k.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That kind of makes sense. But it’s another Volvo surprise as it previously wasn’t locked without a key

I tried unplugging the cable the other day while the car was locked (the car had finished charging). I pushed the button and it went thru some colour flashes on the LED next to the charge port (including some red flashes) and ended up green. I assumed maybe car had to be unlocked...didn’t have my key with me, but did have phone...was able to unlock car with phone app (miracle!) and then using button by charger worked to unlock cable. I hadn’t thought about it in the past but I assume maybe the cable remains locked in place while the car is locked so you don’t get somebody randomly unplugging your car at a charger just to be a d**k.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts