Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Toyota RAV4 buyers since then came out in 1996...

And all my cars with sunroofs never had a "windscreen". I am not used to this...

I scratch my head because yesterday I opened my sunroof for the first time... and it successfully trapped about a dozen tiny bugs. And I am guessing this might get sort of gross over time.

I never once had a bug fly into my car with the sunroof open in the past with any of my RAV4s...

So:

Is this "windscreen" necessary?

If not, should I remove it? If so, how?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do not remove it. It is not there to catch bugs. The sunroof is bigger that on you old RAV. It is there the prevent wind buffering. If you remove it, you will not be able to have it open above 50 mph. It will be horrible inside your Volvo. All cars with bigger sunroofs have it. Just clean the bugs out or keep the roof closed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do not remove it. It is not there to catch bugs. The sunroof is bigger that on you old RAV. It is there the prevent wind buffering. If you remove it, you will not be able to have it open above 50 mph. It will be horrible inside your Volvo. All cars with bigger sunroofs have it. Just clean the bugs out or keep the roof closed.
Interesting... because my XC40 with the sunroof open is WAY noisier than my RAV4 with its sunroof open.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Any suggestions on properly cleaning this mesh? Compressed air, perhaps?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts