Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife had an error of "Problem charging the 12v battery. Stop safely and call for assistance", followed within a second a "The brake lights are malfunctioning." warning.

So far we're close to 3,000 miles, absolutely love the car, she was less than a mile from work and I asked her to get there, do a hard reset on the Android Automotive (30 second press on the central screen button), turn it off and back on and everything was gone?!

We've all seen some reports on this forum of dead as a doornail, dead in the driveway, dealerships always pointing back to the 12v battery, does anyone know of a cause or fix for this as our dealer isn't close!

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
121 Posts
Wife had an error of "Problem charging the 12v battery. Stop safely and call for assistance", followed within a second a "The brake lights are malfunctioning." warning.

So far we're close to 3,000 miles, absolutely love the car, she was less than a mile from work and I asked her to get there, do a hard reset on the Android Automotive (30 second press on the central screen button), turn it off and back on and everything was gone?!

We've all seen some reports on this forum of dead as a doornail, dead in the driveway, dealerships always pointing back to the 12v battery, does anyone know of a cause or fix for this as our dealer isn't close!
I would report it to your dealer. And I'd report it to Volvo Customer Service via either a phone call to a person and/or a text message. Get it on a report even though the car already probably reported it. But a contact from the actual customer may get some more results. Volvo IS monitoring what is going on with this new car. And remember, we owners are just like the first 2 year owners of Teslas. We "operating guinea pigs" with the new car. Volvo is using us for "mass testing" of their new product.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts