Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something odd happened in my car. You know when you get in and it reboots with the Volvo screen …so I fired up preconditioning. Headed down to car. Got In and the preconditioning was working but the console was rebooting.

Why is this odd? Because the ac normally turns off when you do a reboot yet it was chugging away.

Another oddit at same time. I Went to drive (after reboot) and the break pedal did not want to depress (to out the car in gear). The pedal itself felt stuck. So I pushed harder and down it went.

Anyone else had either of these these two happen.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Sorry the gremlins are getting you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ve had the vents stay on during a reboot, but I think what actually happened was that it did cut out and was just quicker to return before the screen was back. I’ve also had the car take a second to ”wake up” where the pedals feel stiff, but it’s maybe half a second when I’m returning to an unlocked car that has been sitting.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Anyone know if the ac draws from the big battery or the small battery for preconditioning?

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
108 Posts

Anyone know if the ac draws from the big battery or the small battery for preconditioning?
The pre-conditioning will definitely draw from the HV battery in one way or another...it may also draw from the 12V battery as there will be some 12V relays and blower fan, heated seats etc. that are 12V systems, but the HV battery will be putting charge into the 12V battery (via a DC-DC converter) at that time as well to make sure it doesn’t get low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts