Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
549 Posts
Brand new off the lot in vancouver; picture at Stanley Park.
This thread was meant to be dedicated to the new C40 “fastback” version. In other words, not the XC40 you have pictured but its new forthcoming sibling. Sorry … but thanks for sharing your new hotness — looks nice! (y)

· Registered
2,537 Posts
I have had a lot of cars over the years, and the last few years our cars were more modes of transportation, our XC40s and the C40 when I get it have reinvigorated me with our cars. Both are ceramic coated and get washed frequently (hence all my previous brake problems) and I top the ceramic every month of so. The C40 while subtle is a really (dare I say) sexy looking car. It has a great balance of whispering "look at me" while not screaming it. Unlike most Volvos which just blend into the crowd I believe the C40 will be a subtle eye catcher that people may actual notice and even ask "wow, what is that".

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had a lot of cars over the years, and the last few years our cars were more modes of transportation, our XC40s and the C40 when I get it have reinvigorated me with our cars. Both are ceramic coated and get washed frequently (hence all my previous brake problems) and I top the ceramic every month of so. The C40 while subtle is a really (dare I say) sexy looking car. It has a great balance of whispering "look at me" while not screaming it. Unlike most Volvos which just blend into the crowd I believe the C40 will be a subtle eye catcher that people may actual notice and even ask "wow, what is that".
One automobile review captured an effective way of describing the C40 design, “premium without being pretentious”.
In my area, there are few EVs. I have only seen Tesla and Bolt. The C40 might just show some observers that an EV can be both practical and stylish.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
One automobile review captured an effective way of describing the C40 design, “premium without being pretentious”.
In my area, there are few EVs. I have only seen Tesla and Bolt. The C40 might just show some observers that an EV can be both practical and stylish.
Teslas dominate the Atlanta area, I saw my first Kia Niro on the road this week and then a few leaf's and a rare Bolt. Have seen 2 ID.4 and oddly saw a Polestar 2 near my home 2 weeks ago. Considering the closet deal is 500 miles away that was interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.