Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a house at the end of a long driveway with neighbors on both sides of the driveway. I'm not particularly eager to disturb my neighbors when I reverse the car down the driveway at 5 am with the beeping sound when the vehicle is reversing. Is there a way to turn it off?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have a 2021 Volvo XC60 P8.
XC60? Or XC40 - I thought the beeping was only inside your car when you get close to something and yes you can turn it off for the inside beeping in the centre display when you see the 360 view or rear view there is a touch button on the screen to turn off and on.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
The xc40 recharge P8 has a reversing beeper like a commercial vehicle. It seems important as it is rather stealthy without.

·
Registered
2020 XC40 T5 R-Design Polestar Optimization
28 Posts
The xc40 recharge P8 has a reversing beeper like a commercial vehicle. It seems important as it is rather stealthy without.
That does make sense. I recall adding a beeper incorporated into my 740 Volvo's backup light. I could not do this with my XC70's LED backup light. So, likely I can add the backup light/beeper into my T5 R-Design? Thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
XC60? Or XC40 - I thought the beeping was only inside your car when you get close to something and yes you can turn it off for the inside beeping in the centre display when you see the 360 view or rear view there is a touch button on the screen to turn off and on.
No, I am not talking about that. Those sounds are only inside the car. I am talking about the constant beeping sounds even when you are nowhere near any obstacles.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
It does not alas save them. At least it is rather quiet compared to commercial vehicles or worsen yet car alarms.

Have they complained or are you being a superbly mindful neighbor ?

Reactions: Ces

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
On the subject of working things out has anyone got a copy of the xc40 owners manual In electronic form.

Not the searchable online version but an actual read from page 1 to n manual?

·
Registered
342 Posts
No, I am not talking about that. Those sounds are only inside the car. I am talking about the constant beeping sounds even when you are nowhere near any obstacles.
So I have an XC40 Recharge for just over two weeks now - no beeping when backing up at all other than when you get close to an object and that is on the inside.
So not sure what beeping sounds you are referring to.
Unless it is a US regulation for electric vehicles that it is on US models only - other option is to back up your driveway when you get home and when you leave you will be going forward without any beeping.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It does not alas save them. At least it is rather quiet compared to commercial vehicles or worsen yet car alarms.

Have they complained or are you being a superbly mindful neighbor ?
You are right. They have not complained. It's probably the latter - I am being overly cautious. I like to take my car out for a long drive very early in the morning (before 5 am) when the Seattle roads are not filled up with traffic.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yea :) the one with the terribly long name which they should just of called the xc40 P8 :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts