Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Who has the car Software update and who is still waiting for it to magically download?

• Updated to latest June software, on my own

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Updated to June software, via dealership visit

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Still waiting

Votes: 30 61.2%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Trying to sort out 1) how widespread the software update is and 2) if it's just easier to take the dang thing to the dealership to get it done.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know I'm the first group thru OTA~
Just wonder why I could be able to be the first group.
Maybe I allow to share lot's of log file to Volvo thru the Volvo cars app. So after the update, they can analysis more data from my car.
Just my guess~

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got mine yesterday. I wouldn't say that it's life-changing so probably not worth a trip to the dealership.
Agree with ShellyATX.
Unless it's related with safety or you experienced huge issue (and the update include to fix that bug), just wait until you get the OTA.
It's Super easy to install like your phone update.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I just got mine yesterday. I wouldn't say that it's life-changing so probably not worth a trip to the dealership.
Agreed, I was hoping they would have fixed the software to better repair with VOC when the car does not have all the keys or attempts were made with the old software without needing a car reset, but no luck. Other than the loss car centric mode I am not sure it did much of anything I have seen. Music restarts randomly since the update, but that is traded with often when it does not (most of the time) I need to hit the play button on the knob twice.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have not received the new update and I'm kinda happy about that. Beside the same missing features that we all have, my P8 seems to be functioning correctly. I wonder how many owners that installed (or had the dealer install) the update and experienced issues that previously didn't exist with their P8?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have not received the new update and I'm kinda happy about that. Beside the same missing features that we all have, my P8 seems to be functioning correctly. I wonder how many owners that installed (or had the dealer install) the update and experienced issues that previously didn't exist with their P8?
Installed by dealer last Wednesday - picked up car on Thursday - put VC on my phone and my wife's - added a profile for her - tied Key 1 to my profile and Key 2 to her profile - everything works flawlessly!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I received an email from Volvo on July 1st that I was "amongst the first group of customers to receive a complimentary software upgrade", coming on July 6th. I was rafting in Idaho until the 12th, but my wife had driven it enough to get the software downloaded. When I returned, the car was pestering me every time I got into it and with a persistent notification, to install the upgrade. I even got an email from Volvo asking why I hadn't installed the software. I relented on the 14th. Since then I have had numerous connectivity drop outs (solved each time by rebooting the IHU), and been angered by the removal of the Steering Assist control from the steering wheel. Nothing else has stood out as different.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I have not received the update but am thinking to schedule it with the dealership. I recently had to factory reset the car to resolve an issue with the VOC app (how dumb and annoying). After the factory reset, the steering wheel display still has 3 views but 1 is new/different/obviously a glitch (no car grid but same set of nav directions at top; lost the map view behind the steering wheel). So I'm debating a dealer software update, as a way to resolve this glitch? Blahhhh. I adore this car so much, the software and app issues are such a shame.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts