Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took ownership of our Thunder grey Xc40 and didn’t realize but it came with Polestar performance? Does anyone know more about this?

·
Registered
9 Posts
it may depends on what kind of engine you have. I believe it's not available for T3 and T4 petrol. Did you ask for it when ordering youc car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Slawek I have the T5 petrol, I didn’t do a special order. I liked the color and then when we brought it home I noticed Polestar performance in the mode selector.

·
Registered
13 Posts
for me I have that optimization for polestar as well and it drives sportier and holds the rpms longer .. fun feature to have .. considering I went from a soft driving e 400 Mercedes ..

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Polestar performance on my T5 R-Design... it's really fun... increases engine performance, remaps transmission shift patterns, tightens the steering, and I think increases brake feedback...

Matt

·
Registered
2020 XC40 T5/R-Design/AWD/Polestar Engineered/Black on Black
14 Posts
Just took ownership of our Thunder grey Xc40 and didn’t realize but it came with Polestar performance? Does anyone know more about this?
I have the 2020 RDesign T5 Polestar Engineered. According to the dealer and the Polestar web site, it has sportier suspension and brakes and steering, ups hp to about 253 and ups torque to around 290. The torque increase is probably the most noticeable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the 2020 RDesign T5 Polestar Engineered. According to the dealer and the Polestar web site, it has sportier suspension and brakes and steering, ups hp to about 253 and ups torque to around 290. The torque increase is probably the most noticeable.
Also, as I forgot to mention, shift points are changed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is no way that the Polestar upgrade adds a sportier suspension, except perhaps in how a driver might perceive the other enhancements affecting the feel of the suspension. Polestar is a software upgrade.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There is no way that the Polestar upgrade adds a sportier suspension, except perhaps in how a driver might perceive the other enhancements affecting the feel of the suspension. Polestar is a software upgrade.
Oops! You are so right. I believe the RDesign stiffens the suspension. Polestar is engine performance. Sorry for my slip up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts