Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this in the Polestar newsletter. Hope Volvo will do the same.

Free Charging With Electrify America​
Today we are delighted to announce that we will be offering two free years of charging with Electrify America, the largest public fast-charging network in the USA, to not just 2021 Polestar 2 owners, but to all 2022 Polestar 2 owners as well!​

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
65 Posts
Just saw this in the Polestar newsletter. Hope Volvo will do the same.

Free Charging With Electrify America​
Today we are delighted to announce that we will be offering two free years of charging with Electrify America, the largest public fast-charging network in the USA, to not just 2021 Polestar 2 owners, but to all 2022 Polestar 2 owners as well!​
That would be a great token of thanks for being beta testers for Volvo. I would really enjoy a gift like this.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Don't hold your breath.....
I can't, I am already holding my breath for Pilot Assist control to return to the steering wheel controls. :) It would be an unexpected offering for sure. However, for this first round of XC40 folks, I am sure they feel we already got our prize with the free ChargePoint offers.

Reactions: Luckycharms

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
185 Posts
I can't, I am already holding my breath for Pilot Assist control to return to the steering wheel controls. :) It would be an unexpected offering for sure. However, for this first round of XC40 folks, I am sure they feel we already got our prize with the free ChargePoint offers.
I‘m new to the party. What are the free chargepoint offers?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I‘m new to the party. What are the free chargepoint offers?
Earlier this year Volvo was offering either a free ChargePoint EVSE, or a $500 ChargePoint credit to use at ChargePoint chargers. Not sure if it is still active, and a lot of dealers were unaware of the program.

Reactions: B-mtrd

·
Registered
135 Posts
I believe Volvo offers 3 years.

But I’m not sure if it applies to the ‘22 models. Might want to contact EA and confirm.
Your dealer has to provide an 8 digit code as well.
That posting clearly says MY2022, and 250KWh available for three years. 250KWh is about 3 1/2 full charges, so not a big deal, and you lose it if you don't use it within 3 years. OTOH, if a PS2 gets unlimited charging for 2 years, that is a huge deal.

Reactions: Rhughes

·
Registered
193 Posts
A few weeks ago there was that email circulating around where polestar owners weee told about the delayed update for CarPlay, and also that they’d get extra data coverage in recompense.

bothers me a bit that Volvo EV doesn’t get the same communication and courtesy. Loyal Volvo owners are what gives Geely the capital to have their boutique brand, and the XC40 EV sells for the same or more than the polestar 2. Nor cool to feel like you’re second fiddle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts