Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volvo has finally taking the covers of their new high riding performance sedan, that is set to rival the Model 3. With a 78 kWh battery it will have around 400hp and based on exchange rates it will start at around $55k in the U.S. IT will have one of the first Android based infotainment systems that makes full use of Google services. The cabin is also made entirely of vegan materials. Thoughts?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the design, both inside and out, but do think it would look better if it rode a little lower. Tesla ought to be worried with all these new EV's that are joining the segment in the coming months.

·
Registered
58 Posts
All of these Polestar models are looking incredible, and I think the minimalist design works very well. I"m guessing that this P2 sits a little higher to better accommodate the battery packs in the floor.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not a fan of the interior materials and patterns (or lack of them) but the layout couldn't be better.

What are the odds we'll see more material and trim packages offered in the future??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was a bit surprised to see such a minimalist interior from Volvo. It seems they have taken a page from Tesla when it comes to clean and simple layouts for their EV's. At least here we are still getting some physical steering wheel and console controls.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was a bit surprised to see such a minimalist interior from Volvo. It seems they have taken a page from Tesla when it comes to clean and simple layouts for their EV's. At least here we are still getting some physical steering wheel and console controls.
I guess you're new to volvo because they have always kept simple design inside and out.
The XC90 is probably a prime example of that which sat at a unique position with older phased out volvo's and now the new era.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If there is one thing they should have learned from Telsa, its that oversimplification isn't always a good thing. There is no need to rely on a touch screen for simple things like HVAC controls and the stereo.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Its even one more reason I like Volvo, they seem willing to test ideas and as they have, successful products have been a result. The XC40 is one of them, unlike any Volvo of the past and stands out even among tough competition from better established brands.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Since Polestar's new models will be coming with a Google based infotainment system, I would imagine a lot of functions can be controlled via voice commands as well. Trying to limit the amount of time drivers spent fumbling through menus is an important step to reduce distracted driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts