Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4,154 Posts
They got ABRP quite a long time ago (5 or 6 months). It would be nice to get a port to the Volvo.

Does Vivaldi let you watch netflix on the middle screen (when charging)?

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know that they got ABRP a while ago, but Vivaldi being added just got me thinking about it. I don't think Netflix works on there at the moment but I think some of the other services work (Disney+, etc.). Apple Music works as well. I'd rather have apps for all of those things, but the web browser would be an ok solution in the meantime.

· Registered
2,537 Posts
I would bet the XC60 AAOS gets a higher priory for fixes and updates over the XC40 except for items that are truly common to both cars. I would hope as much as possible is common.

· Registered
44 Posts
It's a bit disappointing to see so much app fragmentation. One would expect some OS/patch fragmentation, but I can't imagine there are any hardware differences that render things like ABRP totally incompatible with our cars.

· Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
296 Posts
From what I understand in reading the developer documentation, Volvo and Polestar each administer their own Play store -- so it's pretty likely the app will work just fine on a Volvo, but Volvo needs to separately approve the app for inclusion into the store.

· Registered
58 Posts
We can add Google Podcasts to the list of apps missing in the XC40.
Google Podcasts was there in v1.7 but it kept taking over the system. Haven't noticed it taking over since I updated to v1.8. Not sure if it is removed or if they just fixed it. I will have to remember to look for it the next time I am in the car.

· Registered
335 Posts
Google Podcasts was there in v1.7 but it kept taking over the system. Haven't noticed it taking over since I updated to v1.8. Not sure if it is removed or if they just fixed it. I will have to remember to look for it the next time I am in the car.

I have Podcasts on my screen and it works fine. I also have Podcasts on my phone and I use the same login and password for both accounts. It may be that you need a Podcast phone account to make the car system sync up. But, the app is definitely there in the Play store on the car screen for installation on my car.

· Registered
58 Posts
I have Podcasts on my screen and it works fine. I also have Podcasts on my phone and I use the same login and password for both accounts. It may be that you need a Podcast phone account to make the car system sync up. But, the app is definitely there in the Play store on the car screen for installation on my car.
Yeah I have never tried to use it in the car. I am just glad that the "Google Podcast reign of terror" is over where the system kept forgetting my previous audio source and instead defaulted to Google Podcasts. :rolleyes: Although compared to some of the other SW bugs I suppose this one was a minor annoyance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.