Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USB (flas drive) with all my music in it and all the music is in different folders according to Genre eg. a folder with rock, another with pop music, and so on.

When I inserted the USB in one of the two available slots, the car is re-ordering and sorting the songs alpabetically and I canno skip from folder to folder. Apparently the car is sorting the music files according to the metadata :cry:

Do you guys have any solutions to this?

How do you play your favourite music?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Your problem is that you are living in the last century. All modern music players use metadata for sorting. You need to make sure all your metadata is correct - including album art - and then put all the songs in one folder. I did that decades ago, and every player I have used since works perfectly. I tried to tell people many years ago to do this rather than making thousands of folders, but I just got ridiculed. I tried to warn them about the problems you are now having, but they would not listen. I don't know how playlists are handled on the XC40, but what works on most cars is to use an iPod. I have set up numerous smart playlists in iTunes, and all cars I have had work perfectly with the iPod integration. However, the XC40 should sort Artist, Genre, Album etc. from the USB drive. The point is DON"T USE FOLDERS. Spend the time to set up proper tags. I have over 6,000 songs, and EVERY device I use sorts them perfectly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts