Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I’ve had my XC40 for a week now and it won’t let me download apps like Spotify or ChargePoint.

I was able to update my Google Maps and Assistant no problem.

Anyone else having or had this problem? Thoughts on solutions?

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
225 Posts
Hi All,

I’ve had my XC40 for a week now and it won’t let me download apps like Spotify or ChargePoint.

I was able to update my Google Maps and Assistant no problem.

Anyone else having or had this problem? Thoughts on solutions?
Did you sign in to your Google account in Settings in the center display? I downloaded ChargePoint app without a problem, but that was six weeks ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you sign in to your Google account in Settings in the center display? I downloaded ChargePoint app without a problem, but that was six weeks ago.
I am signed in to my Google account. It will let me select the app I want to download but it won’t actually download. It just says pending and won’t begin the download.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
225 Posts
I am signed in to my Google account. It will let me select the app I want to download but it won’t actually download. It just says pending and won’t begin the download.
The only other thing I can think of is an Android. Automotive OS reset — push and hold the home button on the center display until it restarts. After that, I got nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only other thing I can think of is an Android. Automotive OS reset — push and hold the home button on the center display until it restarts. After that, I got nothing.
Sadly tried that as well. Looks like I have a trip to the dealer on my horizon.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Some suggestions:

Try again in the morning

Make certain the car is connected to home wifi. Downloads using the car LTE connection is abysmally slow and Google Play will take forever to connect

Connect to bluetooth and use your phone as the connection.

And, make certain you have given authorization in the settings for Google to have access to all phone and other contacts. A failure to allow access will prevent any use of Google Play

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
83 Posts
XC40 P8 works OK for downloading Spotify & ChargePoint. Interesting that there really aren't than many APPS that it will allow to be downloaded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This morning I went ahead and did a factory reset of the infotainment system. After doing that and setting everything back up I have now been able to download available apps. Hope that isn’t required again, but happy to have Spotify and ChargePoint.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
34 Posts
This morning I went ahead and did a factory reset of the infotainment system. After doing that and setting everything back up I have now been able to download available apps. Hope that isn’t required again, but happy to have Spotify and ChargePoint.
For me I am having a hard time and no luck with Google Play. It will not make me sign in at all. This issue is for the 2nd user only. For the admin user - that is not a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts