Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m starting to hear a very annoying noise coming from the center console or dashboard. Sounds like 2 pieces of plastic rubbing. Happens more often when driving bumpier roads.
I understand this are first world troubles but it is starting to get gradually more annoying.
Anyone experiencing the same?
I’m waiting for more issues to emerge before I bring it to the dealer. Also I‘m afraid having the dealer look into it might create more unwanted rattles.
I might try a DIY fix but I need to first find the actual issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here after 1 month of ownership. Exactly as you described - sounds like the center touch screen console. I have also been having an intermittent error message about the external sound system not functioning. It comes and goes - including loss of functionality - which just returned yesterday.

If things keep up I will go to the dealer to have them take a look at both

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m not having any functionality issues, only the plastic rattle annoying sound.
Keep us posted on the functional issues.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Glacier Silver
219 Posts
I have similar noises. They are very faint but annoying more or less because the car is very quiet. Anyway, it is new car that is normal. I had few massages for reduced functionality that pop and goes. Haven't seen anything being reduced. Bending light function for example. Do not know what is the reason for it to pop. Right now it is another software bug because the hardware seems to be fine.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I would take it in to service to get the rustle fixed. It should not be making noises and they might be indicative of something being loose …..

·
Registered
104 Posts
For me it is a plastic tapping noise. Right above my sun visor. If I flip the visor down and push on the spot I can replicate the sound. I'm also just adding up the minor issues before taking it in. My update failed as well. Other than the small annoyances I'm still loving the car.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
181 Posts
I've heard a few creaks here & there -- things I can't hear in my, relatively noisy, ICE XC60. Such is the tade-off of having such a super-quiet vehicle. I'll take it anyday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So this creaking noise was bothering me as well. Especially on bumpy roads. I figured out that it was likely the rubbing of plastic between the two center consoles right under the volume dial. So I bought a small black piece of felt from Michaels, cut a strip, and wedged it between the two consoles. The noise has been reduced to a point it’s almost nonexistent.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
So this creaking noise was bothering me as well. Especially on bumpy roads. I figured out that it was likely the rubbing of plastic between the two center consoles right under the volume dial. So I bought a small black piece of felt from Michaels, cut a strip, and wedged it between the two consoles. The noise has been reduced to a point it’s almost nonexistent.
Pic of where you placed this please.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats exactly where mine was too. I started by sliding a piece of binder plastic cover, of course removing it. That solved the problem for me although I did go by Michael’s to get a piece of felt. If the noise re-emerges then I’ll put in the felt strip.
Annoying but easy to solve solution.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts