Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a road trip from Wisconsin to Toronto in July. I was doing some testing with the in-car Google Maps app to compare it to ABRP, and Google Maps says that there aren't enough chargers to get me there, which I know is false. The issue seems to be that Google will only route to charging stations that I have selected in Settings, and the only ones available to select are networks in the US (presumable because I'm currently in the US and it thinks it's being smart) and a few other common global networks, none of which seem to be networks available in Canada (Electrify Canada, for example, isn't listed). Is there a way to get it to show me Canadian charging stations even though I'm outside of Canada?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Canadian here. Even cars built here have a hard time seeing chargers. I can see flo. I can see some co-ops. I think I can see the Electrify Canada (though those are super rare), but I cannot see she’ll, and Petro-Canada chargers seem to be incompatible.
Use plugshare and google maps to get close to charger.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use the Petro-Canada EV app most often when looking for Level 3 Fast Charging locations here in Canada. I have found Petro-Canada to be a little cheaper than Ivy or many of the other charging locations.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I use the Petro-Canada EV app most often when looking for Level 3 Fast Charging locations here in Canada. I have found Petro-Canada to be a little cheaper than Ivy or many of the other charging locations.
I like the petro can stations, but the problem I have is that there’s only ever two stations and a lot of times 1 is down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like the petro can stations, but the problem I have is that there’s only ever two stations and a lot of times 1 is down.
I agree that they are not the most reliable stations, but I have usually been able to get a charge there someway or another. One thing that I do like about Petro-Canada is that they have a large number of 350 kW chargers and I can accumulate Petro Points after making a phone call to Petro-Canada. I have been told that they are working at making their EV chargers Petro Points friendly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts