Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance I can upgrade my wifes 2022 XC40 Recharge to pilot assist at a later date? The dealer didn't have any XC40s with pilot assist, and she didn't want to wait. He said that the cars they were getting from Volvo didn't have the Ultimate package with pilot assist due to the chip shortage.

· Registered
2022 XC 40 Recharge Twin Plus, Denim Blue
48 Posts
I am in the same boat…needed to buy a car and they had no Ultimates in stock or coming into port. Seems like it would be possible, but Volvo would have to set up a process to charge for it and educate service departments on how to do it. Hopefully they are reading this and realize it would be a popular upgrade. All in the name of SAFETY!

· Registered
316 Posts
Does the 2022 Ultimate have Pilot Assist or just a radar cruise? I'm under the impression that it's the latter.
Pilot assist = radar cruise plus steering assist. Steering is toggled on and off in a menu (grrr) even though it should be switched with buttons on the wheel. Volvo broke that functionality in a previous update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.