Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the 2020 XC40 and I was able to use the park assist function where the car finds a spot and guides you to parallel park. It will actually move the wheel and park the car. Is this function not available on the XC40 recharge? I see park assist where you can see the lanes and it alerts you but does not park like the gas XC40 did. Anyone else notice this? Was this just a pilot program that is not on the XC40 Recharge? Does anyone know if this function will ever be on the recharge?? Thank you!

· Registered
405 Posts
Our V60 has this feature and I’ve grown to really like it, even though I pride myself on my own parallel parking ability (I used to have to parallel park in very steep hills with a manual transmission). I believe it required the Advanced Package but was an additional $200 option on top of that (for $200 more it’s a no brainer). After a long day and a very dodgy commute with wild drivers and debris cracking my windshield, it’s nice to have the car do the work once I find a parking space.

Our XC40 lives in our garage, so doesn’t have to be parallel parked often. However I do miss the feature for those occasions. That, plus the heads-up display, are two things I really wish the Recharge had.

· Registered
4,154 Posts
Xc40 P8 does not have this feature and was never advertised that it would have it.

I was disappointed that all the features on other volvos are not present. But this disappointment was before I brought the car.

How good was the auto park?

· Registered
784 Posts
I had the 2020 XC40 and I was able to use the park assist function where the car finds a spot and guides you to parallel park. It will actually move the wheel and park the car. Is this function not available on the XC40 recharge? I see park assist where you can see the lanes and it alerts you but does not park like the gas XC40 did. Anyone else notice this? Was this just a pilot program that is not on the XC40 Recharge? Does anyone know if this function will ever be on the recharge?? Thank you!
Had a 2019 XC40 ICE with all the options and yes it had the automated Park assist - the Recharge does not have it we now have a 2021 Recharge - liked the feature - now only park assist with camara views - must have been a cost reduction move by Volvo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.